Best Golf Rangefinder 2020 Review
No wonder, laser rangefinders are useful devices to find out the distance and to accurately measure the whole yardage value with the least ambiguity.
You’d know that measuring the yardages in the Golf ground is the most important thing that could be a game-changer for amateurs and experts equally.
Interested to know about the Golf Rangefinder? A Golf Rangefinder, as its name indicates:
“Is a device to find the range or distance between the ball you have to shoot and the target hole you want to throw it in, by using a laser beam that measures the exact distance.”
When you have got the right distance evaluation, you are on par to choose the exact velocity with which you have to shoot your ball to reach the goal.
For this reason measuring yardage, using golf course markers has become abandoned, and Golf Rangefinders have dominated the market to provide accurate measurements to the user, making the golf game more exciting for the game lovers and easier for the golfers.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Golf Rangefinders 2020.
- TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder - Laser Range Finder with Pinsensor - Laser Binoculars - Free Battery
- Bushnell Tour V4 Shift (Slope) Golf Laser Rangefinder, Patriot Pack Version, Includes Protective Skin
- Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized Golf Rangefinder Standard Version
- Recommended Products
- Precision Pro Golf - NX7 Pro Slope Golf Rangefinder - Golf Laser Range Finder with Slope Elevation Measurements, Pulse Vibration Feature, Precision Care Package
- Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Callaway 300 Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder with Slope Measurement
- Bushnell Pro X2 Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Nikon Coolshot 20 Golf Rangefinder (One Battery Included)
- SereneLife Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder - Golfing Range Finder with Pinsensor - Accurate up to 540 Yards - Perfect Golf Accessory - Free Battery
- Bushnell Tour V4 Patriot Pack Golf Laser Rangefinder
- CaddyTek Golf Laser Rangefinder with Pin Seeking and Slope Compensate Distance, CaddyView V2+Slope
- Amazon Top Rated Golf Rangefinders in 2020
- Infographics on Golf Rangefinder VS Golf GPS.
- GPS Rangefinders VS Golf Rangefinder.
- How to choose the Best Golf Rangefinder in 2020
- 8 Effective Tips for Using a Golf Rangefinder in a Better Way
- Final Thoughts
Top 10 Best Golf Rangefinders 2020.
- Bushnell Pro X2 is based on Pin Seeker Jolt Technology which works professionally to capture only the target object while ignoring the entire background objects.
- In case when two objects are captured, it considers the object with a shorter distance and a jolting vibration alerts the user about the locked flag.
- The Vivid Display Technology (VDT) works to improve the optical view of the object in all lighting conditions.
- It creates a balance between the contrast, clarity and light transmission, which ensures a clear screening of the target.
- Extreme Speed Precision (E.S.P) ensures quick and accurate yardage measurements.
- So you will not have to wait for a while to get the accurate measurement, which is delivered within seconds.
- It has an immaculate 5 yards-1 mile, ranging performance along with the accuracy to ½ yard for 5-1300 yards. And also range flags within about 450+ yards.
- The slope technology provides distances according to elevation levels and compensates for the incline or decline levels of the hole.
+/- 0.5 Accuracy
5 Yards to 1 Mile
Vivid Display Technology
2 YEAR Manufacturer Warranty
8) Nikon CoolShoot 20 Golf Rangefinder For Money
Nikon Coolshot 20 Golf Rangefinder (One Battery Included)
- Measurement Range- 6-550 yds. Increment Reading- 1 yds. Angular Field of View (Real)- 6 °
Nikon Coolshot 20 is considered a vanguard amongst the lightweight and compact rangefinders which makes it easy to maneuver and operate and a highly suitable companion for the uneven golf course.
The rangefinder has quick performance capabilities and works well for solid as well as moving objects, It has a long-range target capturing ability with ultimate accuracy and precision.
This Nikon Coolshot 20 is a must-have item for rough and uneven golf courses and has rubber protection which shields it against the shock and unexpected weather conditions.
Its 6X magnification power and multilayered coatings on optics reduce the light loss and ensured lucid and brilliant images.
It has a long battery life and turns off automatically after 8 seconds to preserve the battery as much as possible.
This is an excellent quality rangefinder which is easy to operate, gives accurate results along with being long-lasting and durable as well.
It comes with a carrying strap, carrying case, CR2 battery, and a microfiber cloth to clean the LCD and optical screen.
Some of the considerable attributes of this rangefinder are:
- The Nikon Coolshot 20 has a 550-yard range capability and a significant 1 Yard accurate results. All the distances are measured in yards and meters and displayed as such.
- The progressive target ranging technology allows for accurate ranging of all targets and displays the measurements of the nearest target.
- The rangefinder offers an ultimate easy to use, compact and sleek design while the operations buttons are placed strategically so that the user can access them easily and do not lose the grip during the range-finding process.
- The rangefinder has strong performance capabilities and a single button operation gives you accurate measurements in a swift manner. All the information is displayed on LCD in a well-planned and organized way so that the user can review data easily and make brisk decisions.
Displays in 1-yard Increments
Distant Target Priority Mode
- Two batteries Included.
1 YEAR Manufacturer Warranty
- Non slope version.
9. SereneLife Pro Golf Rangefinder
SereneLife Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder - Golfing Range Finder with Pinsensor - Accurate up to 540 Yards - Perfect Golf Accessory - Free Battery
- ACCURATE RANGEFINDER; Our Laser Rangefinder is a premium product, measuring up to 540 yards with 1-yard accuracy and Pinsensor technology, and a durable, water resistant body.
- SMART PIN SEEKER MODE: Beside the standard distance measuring detection mode, this smart rangefinder features a "pin seeker" setting - technology that locks on to your target flag and "figures out" the distance to it, it's a real lifesaver!
- EASY ONE BUTTON OPERATION: This rangefinder is designed to be very simple to use, so you can focus on your game. All you have to do is aim and press a button, and it will show you the distance to your target on its digital interface display readout!
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: With a water and dust resistant, durable body, perfect for carrying while golfing or hunting, or for measuring and surveying without extra weight or bulk.
- FULL PACKAGE: This a handheld, lightweight, portable tool that any golfer should carry around. That's why, along with your rangefinder, you'll receive a durable, zipper secured carrying case - so you can take it anywhere with you!
It has a compact design and is based on advance ease of use technology which makes it a great companion in all kinds of golf courses.
SereneLife is well known for developing devices that are competent enough to provide accurate and precise distances and this objective reflects in this particular rangefinder as well.
The SereneLife Pro is an ultimate golf laser rangefinder with a slope that comes at an affordable price and offers all the advanced features of a high-tech range finder.
It is well proficient to provide your game with accurate and exact distance measurements and the slope feature decreases the chances of errors to minimal.
It works in three different modes as standard mode, scan mode, and pin mode
Add this range finder into your golf kit and enjoy your game filled with a sense of achievement and accomplishment.
Moreover, it is made up of high-quality material and a first-rate optical screen with the ability to bear tough weather conditions.
Most prominent features are:
- It comes with 6X magnification power, which ensures a clear image of the target and gives precise readings on display.
- Three different targeting modes help greatly to get a sharp and improved target distance.
- It has an ergonomic design that lets you maintain a stronghold on the device while in an uneven golf course and a compact design makes it easier to move around with the device.
- The Slope technology allows the device to calculate the distances while considering the slope and altitude levels of the target flags.
- This rangefinder requires a single CR2 battery for operation and provides accuracy up to 1 yard.
Accuracy to within 1 yard
3 Targeting Modes and Slope Feature
Check with the manufacturer regarding warranty
- Built quality issues
10) Bushnell Tour V4 Patriot Pack Golf Rangefinder
Bushnell Tour V4 Patriot Pack Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Pin Seeker with JOLT Technology
- Accurate to 1 yard
- Ranges 5-1,000 yards; 400+ yards to a flag
- 5x magnification
- Fast focus system
The outer shell of the product is anti-slip or non-glossy which allows you to handle it with ease.
It comes with a Posi Thread battery door for easy replacement of the battery. Flag ranging performance of the rangefinder is 400 yards.
The Bushnell Tour V4 Patriot Pack comes with a reasonably good 5x magnification lens backed with Angle Range Compensation optimization for bow hunting.
There is a highly versatile built-in inclinometer that is capable of taking angular distance calculations within an angular range up to -90 to 90 degrees.
The equipment can take truly horizontal and angular measures within a range of your desired flag.
The overall distance range for any flag on the golf course is 5 to 1000 yards for this laser golf rangefinder.
The accuracy of the product is 1 yard +/- which only the high-end products have to offer.
The Bushnell has quite a several benefits which can be referred below:
- The anti-slip and the non-glossy grip of the product allow you to operate it with full confidence even if you have sweaty hands.
- The battery of the equipment is quite long-lasting and the good thing is that the battery life indicator option is there which lets you know about the status of the battery.
- The unique advantage of the rangefinder is that it can take angular measurements as well. So, you can take accurate decisions.
- The measurements taken from the equipment are lightning fast and you really don’t need to wait any long in getting the precise measurements.
+/- 1 Yards
- 5-1000 yards with 400 yards to a flag.
PinSeeker with Jolt technology
- Fast focus system
11. CaddyView V2+Slope Golf RangeFinder with PinSeking and slope
CaddyTek Golf Laser Rangefinder with Pin Seeking and Slope Compensate Distance, CaddyView V2+Slope
- Patented One step "Mode-Switching" between Non-Slope and Slope compensation distance display
- 6X Magnification, IPX4 Waterproof design, Weights Less than 8 oz
- Range: 5 to 800 yards (5 to 250 yards to golf flag) . Accuracy: +/- 1 yard
- FlagSeeking technology: Easily get the distance to the flagstick while ignoring subjects behind the green such as the bush and trees
- Conform to USGA, R&A Rules of Golf, and USGA Handicap Guidelines when the slope compensate distance feature is disabled.
This is a compact, easy to handle and lightweight golf rangefinder. It has been designed to give you maximum portability without any hassles.
The size and weight of the rangefinder is not a problem at all, and can easily be carried in a bag while playing your game.
This one is capable of measuring the exact distance and can cope with the overlapping effect due to its pin sensor technology and slope calculation mechanism.
This rangefinder can help you measure the distance to the closest object with the help of a specialized setting for the first target preference mode.
The device is quite comfortable in giving you proper measurements, no matter how much interference you have and how trees and plants or bunkers come in the way while measuring the target distance.
Its scan mode would help you find the distance to your target, ignoring all the hindrances and obstacles that might come in your way.
- The rangefinder can measure the desired distance with an accuracy of +/- 1 yards, which is the minimum difference.
- It can give you an 8-second continuous scanning utility to help you scan and locate the exact location and distance of your target.
- It can easily measure the distance for up to 250 yards with a +/- 1 yards difference in actual distance, it has 5-800 yards range.
- The 6x magnification and also the 24 mm objective help you see through the target area without any ambiguity.
- Its features comply with the legal rules and hence it is legal to be used in tournament play if you need so.
- The intelliscan feature helps the user to scan and target the right spot despite any hindrances that might come in the way.
- The 3rd generation pin seeking technology is helpful in picking the right distance of the target flag using the first priority targetting mode.
+/- 1 Yards
- 5-800 yards range with 5-250 yards to golf flag.
- Slope mode
Water Resistant Construction
- Not for long-range
Amazon Top Rated Golf Rangefinders in 2020
|1||AOFAR Hunting Archery Range Finder HX-700N 700...||No ratings yet||Check on Amazon|
|2||Halo XL450 Range Finder, 450 Yard laser range...||No ratings yet||Check on Amazon|
|3||Laser Range Finder 900 Yard, RangeFinder 7X with...||No ratings yet||Check on Amazon|
|4||Gogogo Sport Laser Golf/Hunting Rangefinder, 6X...||No ratings yet||Check on Amazon|
|5||Bushnell Engage Hunting Laser...||No ratings yet||Check on Amazon|
Why we have to use golf rangefinder?
A laser rangefinder has a huge number of advantages. It has several factors that enable it to serve the golfers accurately. But still, people are ambiguous in choosing the different types of rangefinders.
It can be because of many reasons. The first of which is the lack of correct information about the types and features.
Also, lack of time, a limited budget or ignorance of the details can cause ambiguity while choosing it.
There are two major kinds of rangefinders that are available on the market that include Laser golf range finders and GPS range finder.
But here we will be discussing what are the uses and benefits we have got a laser golf range finder and why should we have it while playing the game.
We need a laser golf rangefinder for the following reasons:
1. Easy targeting
A rangefinder is an excellent gadget to help golfers target their goals very easily. The rangefinder has to be put in a way that faces the target accurately.
The rangefinder works efficiently to find and catch the target quickly.
The gadget is very easy to use because it doesn’t require complicated settings and can easily be used by amateurs and experts through simple functioning for measuring accurate distance.
2. For accurate yardages and distance measurements
The accuracy of the yardage provided by the rangefinders comes with a -/+.5-1 yd accuracy difference. It is quite accurate and gives the exact measurement with a minimum chance of missing out.
3. For speedy results
Most of the Golf Rangefinder Reviews show that laser golf rangefinders can give you high-speed results by using the second generation lasers technology that provides high speed bounce back from the target.
This gives the accurate measurements within seconds.
4. Pin seeking/ flag seeking and locking
Golf rangefinders can find and lock the target very quickly. That is why it can be used to pick out the flags efficiently. It can lock the target to make an accurate measurement.
This feature ensures that you will not be distracted, or misled by the background objects or trees and can easily pick the right target for you.
5. Jolt technology
The jolt technology is also an extraordinary feature to help you focus better. A laser golf rangefinder with a pin seeker jolt technology would be a plus and a major reason you may choose the rangefinder.
The technology provides a unique experience by seeking, locking and minor bursts to give you a jolt when you have got the target.
This provides you with an opportunity to capture the exact results without losing the target.
6. Slope modes
We also would need a laser golf rangefinder to measure the slope factors.
This rangefinder would give you the trajectory difference of the ball to the goal and the difference of the path would be reflected to give you maximum accuracy if the goal or you are on a slope.
Though in some cases this would not be allowed to do so.
Infographics on Golf Rangefinder VS Golf GPS.
Share this Infographic On Your Site
GPS Rangefinders VS Golf Rangefinder.
As stated earlier, you should know that two technologies have started to provide the rangefinder gadget.
One of them is the rangefinder and the other one is the GPS range finder.
Let’s discuss the main and basic features of both of these types and then compare which is best for whom.
A GPS range finder is a gadget that can measure the distance by using the Global positioning system.
It uses the same satellite as the other devices use to measure and capture the distance.
These devices need you to have a GPS connectivity to help you catch up with the target setting. This service will require a GPS subscription.
You will also have to download the map of the ground where you are playing. GPS rangefinder has a little higher difference in the actual and measured differences.
In contrast to the GPS range finders, a laser rangefinder can help you measure accurate distances and capture to the target using the pin seeker and jolt technologies.
These range finders can lock the target and assist you to shoot at the exact distance that you need to achieve.
There is no need to subscribe to any service for monthly charges as well as you don’t have to download any data or maps for the ground you are playing in.
Which Rangefinder is best for you?
Comparing the main features of these two technologies we can sort out, that
The rangefinder is best…
Those who need a simple functioning system to target the goals with the least difference inaccurate distances.
These are best for beginners as they don’t require any complicated functions and operations to make use of its utility. Like subscribing and syncing GPS and downloading the Golf ground maps.
It is also best to use a rangefinder when you have got a less dense ground with the least interference of trees and other objects or crowds.
GPS Rangefinder is best for….
It would be best for those who need to play in crowded golf courses and can handle various functions to run a GPS.
The GPS is better for experts who can manipulate results and can still work with some considerable differences in actual and measured distance.
How to choose the Best Golf Rangefinder in 2020
Choosing a laser golf rangefinder exactly according to your requirements and the game standards is quite a drill. Newcomers, who are in the learning phase can make use of the laser golf rangefinders easily.
It is because these rangefinders are very easy to use and simple to understand and the new players who are already are in a struggle to learn various things, can use it easily.
However, useful information can be found online regarding how to buy the best possible laser golf rangefinder.
This guide will serve you with all the basic and crunch points that you need. You should adhere to these points while buying a rangefinder from the online market or otherwise.
Features for any technology-based product are the key points to look at. You will need to dig down deep into a product to find out about all its major features. The following are the features that you must look for:
– Accuracy in golf using laser golf rangefinder is directly attributed to success.
- How accurate your shot is will be determined by the accuracy of your equipment. The best products offer accuracy with a tolerance level of 1 yard plus/ minus which is acceptable.
Maximum distance range
– Range tells that how far your laser golf rangefinder can perform. It is ideally preferred to have a device in a distance range of some 350 yards or even more.
First target priority
– The first target priority actually, sets up the first desired object in your range as the prime target. This helps in removing all the unnecessary objects within the line of sight of the product which could be distracting.
– The majority of the rangefinders come in 2 modes. The first one sets up the equipment to scan any object in the line of sight or the range of the equipment and the other looks for the closest or the first target that you want to set.
– Golf is an outdoor game of course so such products should be water-resistant at least if not waterproof.
Is it tournament approved?
Tournament approval for the product is a must thing if you want to use it much beyond just practice game playing. There are certain features which are not tournament friendly and are not allowed to use in the tournaments.
So make sure that your product adheres to all the U.S. PGA golf rules so that there is no frustration later on. The good thing is that the top tournament friendly products are marketed with their approval to use in the tournaments.
Golf itself is an expensive game where you need to spend lavishly even to buy mediocre playing equipment. However, there is a good variety in prices set for the rangefinder. You can expect to buy quality laser golf rangefinders in the range of 150 to 300 dollars.
Size and weight:
The size and weight of the equipment play a pivotal role in your success while using the equipment. The rangefinders require to have a line of sight to the product where also you must have very firm hands to get accurate results.
One-hand operation is the solution which is best possible only if you have a lightweight product with a small size and easy grip as well.
Branded products in the golf rangefinders are also as important as they are for any other product. The branded products speak for the quality itself and it is easier for you to make your decision as a lot of information is readily available about such products on the web.
Finding all the inside information about the branded products is very easy just because the product has been popular among players which could be for good or for bad reasons.
No other source of information about the Golf Rangefinder Reviews could be as important as the customer reviews. It is because of the reason that it gives the potential buyers an unbiased opinion about the product.
All the branded products would surely have several Golf Rangefinder Reviews on different sites on the web. Do refer them always before taking any decision about the purchase of a particular product.
8 Effective Tips for Using a Golf Rangefinder in a Better Way
There are a variety of golf rangefinders available in the market that often confuses on how they should be used and how users can make the best use of it.
It is normally believed that laser rangefinders are complicated devices that need some practice before you can master the art of gauging the distance through it.
golf rangefinders are common in a competitive sport like golf and we believe that most golfers are good at how to handle it, but that’s not always true.
These small devices have become an important part of golfers around the world because they work on batteries and therefore they don’t need to be charged every day and they can fit in easily in the bag and works perfectly on any golf course in the world.
However, golf rangefinders need some practice to master it and here are some effective tips that can help you to use it more easily.
Designed for Golf
A better way to use laser rangefinder is to buy the ones that are designed for golf.
If you are a newbie you need to know that certain brands come up with laser rangefinder designed for the game of golf.
Hence, you can start by looking for the best golf laser rangefinder that provides better features that you can use it simply before you shoot for the pin or prepare for your drive off the tee.
It also simplifies your work by calculating the distance at the push of a button.
Some of the top brands that produce these spectacular laser rangefinders are Bushnell, Leupold, and Callaway.
Few golf laser rangefinders are designed for hunting and other activities and therefore they are not built to locate a golf flag or pin easily, although they can locate it after setting it correctly.
It is recommended that you read golf laser rangefinder reviews to buy the best ones.
Watch Video Tutorials
If you don’t know how to use a rangefinder all you need to do is lookout for some tutorials on how to use it on YouTube or any other online website.
There are many websites that not just review it, but also show a demonstration of how to use it, and the best features of the laser rangefinder you’re interested in.
These video tutorials are self-explanatory and it can help you master the art of using these rangefinders quickly.
Read the Manual
These rangefinders come with a manual that you can read to know more about the model you bought.
This will help you to understand different parts of the device and understand how you need to operate it to get a better experience.
If you haven’t received the manual, you may look for it on the manufacturer’s website where you can get the online version of the manual which you can download for referring it whenever you need help.
Try Out the Features
One of the best ways to get used to the golf laser rangefinder is to try using it frequently. You need to get accustomed to the features and buttons that are provided on it.
There are various settings that you need to keep in mind to make use of the technology that’s built-in the device.
You may watch the tutorials and read the manual that comes along and then try out the features so that you get a better hang of it before you take it on the golf course.
You also need to understand various terms and technicalities that are associated with using the device which will help you to get a clear understanding of how to use its features.
You need to be patient and understand the features and technology of the device, so take your time to learn it well.
Focus at Large Targets
These particular rangefinders are designed to help you calculate the distance wherever you point it and therefore you can start with larger objects or targets right outside your home.
Pick any home or garage or a local store and practice using the device with ease.
If you have problems handling it, you can read the manual and retry it again until you get used to focusing on the large targets that are not too far away.
Go for a Practice Game
A better way to try it out for the first time is that you use it on a practice game that will allow you to use your new device without any game to lose.
Practice games are designed to improve your skills and you can use laser rangefinders for such games where you don’t have to bother about winning or losing.
Even if you take time to calculate the distance, there is no hurry because it is just a practice match after all.
You may focus at large pins or flagsticks that are closer to you and that way you will be able to gain confidence in using the rangefinder device appropriately.
It is quite understandable that once you have your rangefinder, you sort of become anxious to master it and learn the art of calculating distance so that you can win some golf games and showcase your sporting talent.
However, you need to be patient because it takes a little practice to get consistent readings and determine the correct distances to help you get to those wins.
Initially, don’t be too hard on yourself if the calculations are wrong and if you missed it by a fraction. This happens to all golf players initially.
Do Pre-Game Research
Half the battle is gained by being prepared. Golfers are not just dependent on their laser rangefinders, but also their research and knowledge about the location.
This allows them to make accurate calculations that help them win big games. Always research more about the location and the golf course which will help you to understand whether your readings are right or wrong.
If you believe it’s not accurate, you may try it one more time before you take the shot.
Now, knowing what Golf Rangefinders are, and how these can benefit you, would help a lot to decide about what this gadget. You should carefully select between the products because it should be according to the required play modes you’ll be using.
You should not spend on extra features that are of no use to you. Numerous products are there on the market.
Golf rangefinders are available in different brands and designs and they have technological features that allow you to make the most of your golf game.
However, it requires some amount of patience to try out the features and get used to it so that you can use it effectively on the golf course to convert those games into memorable wins.
But to find the best Golf Rangefinder 2020, you can rely on the above-given suggestions. These are the best-rated golf rangefinders that are available for you and you can easily pick the one that has the required characteristics.
So, no need to wander around the market and jumble yourself into the selection procedure. You can easily compare and pick one here. We have chosen these rangefinders.