Nikon Coolshot 20i GII Review
Are you searching for the best rangefinder that promises amazing performance? Nikon Coolshot 20i GII might be the one you are looking for!
Though some of the Nikon products have steeper prices, customers are assured that they are investing their money wisely.
Just like this Nikon 20i GII, it may sound expensive, yet all worth it.
A rangefinder with a high level of accuracy is much helpful.
This will help you a lot by providing the most accurate measurement when you’re rocking on the field.
Hence, this is one thing you’re gonna find in a rangefinder.
And what’s great?
Let’s dive deep what Nikon 20i GII Golf Rangefinder can offer you:
Table of Contents
Well, Accuracy is just one of the many things this amazing rangefinder can offer.
And there’s a lot more!
Now, this article aims to assist you by providing an in-depth Nikon 20i GII Laser Rangefinder buying guide.
In this review, you’ll get to know the great things this best golf rangefinder could offer.
Of course, because this is a product review, cons too are cited aside from pros to fully give you detailed and informative review. This is because we want you to select the best one!
Because golf rangefinders are truly helpful to players may it be to newbies and professionals, a lot of brands are out of the market today.
And yes! It’s not easy to choose the right one. There are things you need to weigh on.
Before we get into the Nikon 20i GII Laser Rangefinder review, let’s have a look at the 5 top-rated golf rangefinders on the Amazon.
Below are of the top 5 rated Golf Rangefinders being sold on the Amazon today. These rangefinders have proven their performance and considered to be of high quality.
Amazon Top Rated Golf Rangefinders in 2021
|1||AOFAR Hunting Archery Range Finder HX-700N 700...||No ratings yet||Check on Amazon|
|2||Halo XL450 Range Finder, 450 Yard laser range...||No ratings yet||Check on Amazon|
|3||Laser Range Finder 900 Yard, RangeFinder 7X with...||No ratings yet||Check on Amazon|
|4||Gogogo Sport Laser Golf/Hunting Rangefinder, 6X...||No ratings yet||Check on Amazon|
|5||Bushnell Engage Hunting Laser...||No ratings yet||Check on Amazon|
Let’s get to Nikon Coolshot 20i GII Laser Rangefinder features in details:
Nikon CoolShot 20i GII Review:- Features
Nikon Coolshot 20i GII Golf Laser Slope Rangefinder, Standard Version
- THE NEXT GENERATION OF THE TOP-SELLING COOLSHOT 20, NOW WITH SLOPE AND WITH INCREASED RANGE AND SUPERIOR ACCURACY: Range of 6-800 yards, displaying in 1-yard increments and accurate to 1-yard (under 100 yards), and 2-yard (over 100 yards). Yard/Meter
- DUAL DISPLAY - SLOPE ADJUSTED (PLAY-AS), AND STRAIGHT LINE DISTANCES. Incredibly fast, accurate distance measurements for every shot- even those involving slope. Featuring Nikon's ID Technology for stress-free club selection for a shot w/elevation change.
- COOLSHOT 20i GII eliminates second-guessing on how far uphill or downhill a shot will play. With so many unforgiving elements on a golf course, don't let elevation change be one of them.
- ENGINEERED AND BACKED BY NIKON - A 100+ YEAR OLD OPTICS AND TECHNOLOGY LEADER. Industry Leading 5-year . Rainproof (IPx4).
- NIKON OPTICS FOR BOTH THE VIEWER AND THE LASER. Nikon quality 6x optical monocular with multilayer coating for bright, clear images. Eyepiece Focus Diopter to focus to your own exact vision. Long Eye Relief (20mm) for use with sunglasses or eyeglasses.
Nikon utilizes enhanced multi-layer optics which gives you images of your targets that are more defined. The optics are conveniently designed to ensure that even while on glasses, you still get clear images.
The distance of the target will be shown instantly on the screen just by pressing its button. With this remarkable unit, the precise distance of the flag can be determined so you can make sure calculated shots.
Such rangefinder is user-friendly and won’t give you a hard time operating it.
Additionally. Its display is free of clutter. Its optics are comparable with Nikon’s flagship model Nikon Coolshot Pro.
Coolshot 20i comes with slope feature, using which you can calculate the true distance to the target based on uphill or downhill angles, you can turn off-slope feature to make it tournament compliant.
Nikon’s ID Technology for selecting proper golf clubs based on the distance. With this feature, you can select an appropriate golf club based on the actual distance. If you are looking for a range finder without slope then you can buy Nikon Coolshot 20 GII, which has similar specs but it doesn’t come with slope. We recently reviewed it here.
The Coolshot 20i GII Rangefinder exhibits a remarkable performance when it comes to accuracy.
It zooms up to 6x magnification that offers you a crisp view. The measurement range is also very stable that shows readily the distance when the button is pressed.
Distant Target Priority Mode
This unit has been set up to show the distance of the farthest targets when directed toward a bunch of targets.
This provides users with the capacity to find targets even when they are hidden in trees. The unit ensures that your performance is enhanced every time you utilize it in a game.
Super – Compact Size
The size of the Nikon rangefinder cannot be disputed by any other rangefinder being sold on the market.
Most devices that are too little end up being of low quality but this cannot be said about this device.
The device is designed to conveniently fit in your palms. It also ensures you can move about conveniently while you easily utilize this device.
Single Button Operation
This device can be operated with ease and it ensures attaining distance is fun and easy. It ensures the golfing experience is fun and enhances results.
The utilization of a single button for controls ensures that images of the targets are shown accurately with ease.
The Nikon rangefinder comes with a striking design with the logo quickly spotted on the side of the unit.
The design comes in a smaller size which is easy to hold and transported. It’s easy to move around because you can just put it in the pocket, or hang it on your bag by its pouch.
Because it’s handy, you’ll never get tired carrying it. Even though this device is not designed to be water-resistant, it won’t get damaged by water with ease.
Water-ResistantJust like other rangefinders, the Nikon 20i GII is waterproof. Sudden drizzles unexpectedly come but the game must still go on.
No worries! Your rangefinder is protected by this feature.
However, even if it’s waterproof, one must not expose this gadget with too much liquid or water if possible. The inside parts are sensitive and could be damaged especially when submerged to water.
This device utilizes a CR2 battery. Replacing the battery can be done with ease as getting access to the battery compartment is not difficult. It can be carried out without the use of any technical tools.
The Nikon Coolshot 20i GII Laser Rangefinder automatically goes off when idle for 8 seconds. This helps you save the battery so you could use the gadget for a longer period.
This is a great feature in the event when you’re too busy with your game and forget to turn off the device. It’s energy-saving and very much helpful while on the course.
The level of the battery can be viewed via the unit. This gives you an idea on when to replace or charge the battery and be ready for the game!
Nikon Coolshot 20i GII Review :- Pros & Cons
- Budget friendly, and worth every penny spent
- Comes with high-quality optics.
- User-friendly. Anybody can use the device.
- It comes with a very compact design, durable and long-lasting case.
- Extremely lightweight and can be carried without feeling strained.
- Automatically shuts down when not in use, thus energy saving.
- It provides an enhanced accuracy level necessary for determining a target.
- The battery compartment can be opened easily.
- Units are shown both in meters and in yards.
- It can be set in First Target Priority Mode.
- Utilizes CR2 batteries Similar to Other Rangefinders, which are slightly expensive.
- It requires a steady hand to capture the clear vision of the target.
How To Maintain The Nikon 20i GII Rangefinder?
Did you know?
Golf Laser Rangefinders are sensitive species in the area of optics. Ideally, you handle the unit cautiously. The following may assist you in helping you take care of your unit.
– Ensure it is properly stored after usage
– Do not submerge it in water as water could damage it if it gets into sensitive parts
– Ensure you clean the device gently after use and store it in a dry and cool location.
– Keep away from your children as well as other adults that do not know how to handle it efficiently.
Nikon Coolshot 20i GII 2021 Review:- Conclusion
Finally, we’ve come to the end of our Nikon Coolshot 20i GII Review!
The Nikon Coolshot 20i GII Laser Golf rangefinder is a budget-friendly gadget for newbies and experts as well. Although there are some advanced features is not present on this rangefinder, it still works well.
So, if you are in search of a device that is easy to use, budget-friendly, reliable and durable, then this Coolshot 20i GII Laser Rangefinder fits your needs.
The lightweight and compact design will attract not only you but your fellow golfers as well.
Absolutely helpful at improving your shots, this golf rangefinder under 200 makes your game easy and at great speed. The design, performance, and accuracy definitely won’t let you down!
Nikon Coolshot 20i G2: – FAQs
I wanted to buy this Nikon Coolshot 20i GII for my husband who loves golf. Does it perform well with golf? How about hunting?
I make use of this rangefinder for golf; Vortex Optics Ranger 4000 is well suitable for Hunting.
It is ideal for quick ranges below 100 yards.
Mine came along with a belt holder when I bought it. This is the most remarkable holder I ever owned.
I utilize mine on the golf course to measure the distance to trees, pines, lake banks and others. Well, it works great.
Yes, ranging can be done using your glasses, it has long eye relief (20mm).
Yes, I sometimes use it in the morning, and the rangefinder works perfectly.
No, it doesn't come with a rechargeable battery.
It has 6x Monocular zoom for bright and clear vision.