Garmin vívoactive 3 Golf GPS Watch Review
If you’re looking for a stylish and functional watch for an active lifestyle then Garmin vívoactive 3 Golf GPS Watch should be on your buying list.
The Garmin vívoactive 3 Golf GPS Watch is easy to operate with a smart-looking touchscreen and one button on each side, with a further two touch-sensitive buttons below the screen. Its overall appearance is arguably one of the smartest out there.
The vivoactive 3 is Garmin’s first true smartwatch, but unlike other golf GPS rangefinder watches out there, this one is targeted at golfers who also like to swim, cycle, walk and run – so think of it as a part traditional smartwatch, part activity tracker, and part fitness GPS watch.
This golf GPS watch is very different from most of the watches in the same category because it offers a plethora of features that others miss out on. It has a stylish appearance and color touchscreen display which is readable even in bright outdoor conditions.
The watch is GPS-enabled and offers smart features like notifications and various other widgets. It also comes with a long-lasting battery that delivers 10-hour performance in GPS mode.
Table of Contents
- Amazon Top Rated Golf GPS Rangefinders 2020
- Garmin vívoactive 3 Golf GPS Review:- Features
- Garmin vívoactive 3, GPS Smartwatch Contactless Payments Built-in Sports Apps, Black/Gunmetal
- Garmin vívoactive 3 Golf GPS Review:- Recommended Products
- Garmin vívoactive 3 GPS Watch Review:- Benefits
- Garmin vívoactive 3 Golf GPS Watch Review:- Pros & Cons
- Garmin vívoactive 3 Golf GPS Watch 2020 Review:- Conclusion
Amazon Top Rated Golf GPS Rangefinders 2020
|1||Garmin Approach S20, GPS Golf Watch with Step...||781 Reviews||Check on Amazon|
|2||Garmin Approach S10 - Lightweight GPS Golf Watch,...||115 Reviews||Check on Amazon|
|3||Bushnell Phantom Golf GPS||208 Reviews||Check on Amazon|
|4||GolfBuddy Voice 2 Golf GPS/Rangefinder||816 Reviews||Check on Amazon|
|5||Garmin Approach S60, Premium GPS Golf Watch with...||178 Reviews||Check on Amazon|
Let’s get to Garmin Vivoactive 3 Golf GPS watch features in details:
Garmin vívoactive 3 Golf GPS Review:- Features
Garmin vívoactive 3, GPS Smartwatch Contactless Payments Built-in Sports Apps, Black/Gunmetal
- Garmin Pay contactless payment solution lets you pay for purchases with your watch (available for supported cards from participating banks)
- Personalize your watch with thousands of free watch faces, apps and widgets from our Connect IQ store. Memory/History : 7 timed activities, 14 days of activity tracking data
- More than 15 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, swimming and more. Lens material: chemically strengthened glass, bezel material: stainless steel, case material: fiber-reinforced polymer with stainless steel rear cover
- Monitor your fitness level with VO2 max and fitness made estimates, plus keep an eye on how you handle stress (see garmin.com/ataccuracy). Fits wrists with a circumference of 127-204 mm
- Get connected features such as smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, LiveTrack and more when paired with a compatible smartphone
- Precise yardages– front, middle and back yardages of the green
- Lay-up distances– yardages to doglegs and hazards
- Ultra-thin GPS smartwatch – with a sunlight-readable, high-resolution color touchscreen
- Built-in sports apps – GPS-enabled golfing, running and biking, plus swimming and activity tracking, let you view your stats even when away from your phone.
Weight: 38 g
Dimensions: 4.8 x 3.8 x 0.8 cm (without wristband)
Battery life: Up to three weeks (watch mode), 10 hours (GPS mode)
Course maps: Over 38,000 (must be downloaded from database)
Colors: White, Black (customizable)
The addition of GPS to Vivoactive 3 is one of its strongest features that allow users to track their movements while they are playing golf, running, cycling, swimming and even walking.
The watch comes with an in-built GPS that kicks out the guesswork and users get accurate information about their movements. Golf enthusiasts and lovers can make use of the features as it does provide yardages to the center, front and back of the green.
On the course, The vivoactive 3 watch provides you with traditional front, middle and back yardages of the green in clear, bold numbering, as well as to pin-point distances to hazards and layups of the hole in question.
While The Garmin vivoactive 3 does not have as many key features as the impressive Garmin Approach S60 watch if you are looking for golf watch, we do like how it provides layup yardages in an easy-to-view list format.
Although we didn’t experiment too much with the other fitness modes on offer, the Garmin vivoactive 3 will track your speed, distance, time and heart rate should you wish it to.
When the GPS mode is inactive, Garmin Vivoactive 3 transforms into just another everyday watch and users can use the same watch to their office and other formal events.
The style factor of the watch is designed keeping in mind that users can use it on casual and formal clothing at the same time. The watch is extremely slim and lightweight.
Garmin Vivoactive 3 weighs around 38 grams making it one of the lightest GPS watches in the market.
It also comes in with the daily activity tracker which is common to the Vivo lineup by Garmin.
The watch tracks your steps, calories, and distances. It also shows the number of hours you have been inactive.
The watch also tracks the cycling distances and swimming distances and can transfer all the data on the app.
Vivoactive 3 is completely waterproof and that means you can take a bath or go for a swim for the depth of 50 meters and it will still work as accurately as it promises to.
The watch has various smartwatch features because it can collaborate with various apps and it has this touchscreen display.
Users can swipe left and right and access various widgets to see the information like weather information through weather widget and so on.
The watch supports Connect IQ which is Garmin’s new app store from where users can download watch faces, apps, widgets and data fields.
Garmin Vivoactive 3 offers great battery life with 10-hour performance with active GPS mode and three weeks performance without GPS mode.
The Garmin vivoactive 3 watch is quick and easy to set up out the box, just as you would expect for a Garmin GPS.
The golfer can connect the device via their phone and download more than 38,000 golf courses worldwide.
The battery life is also superb with 10 hours in GPS mode and up to three weeks in watch mode.
Garmin vívoactive 3 Golf GPS Review:- Recommended Products
Garmin vívoactive 3 Golf GPS Watch :- Top 5 Features
Garmin vívoactive 3 GPS Watch Review:- Benefits
Vivoactive 3 is visually appealing and has all the features that you would need in a smart and practical watch for an active lifestyle.
This means that users can use the same watch for sports, formal meetings and casual evening parties. The sleek and contemporary design of the watch makes it ideal for any occasion.
The GPS feature allows users to track their movements when they are playing golf, running, swimming, cycling and walking.
The GPS accuracy is pretty good and the watch can transfer all the information to other platforms using built-in apps.
Vivoactive 3 also offers tons of features to users as they can track their daily activity and see how many hours they have worked and have been idle.
Garmin vívoactive 3 Golf GPS Watch Review:- Pros & Cons
- Daily Activity Tracker
- GPS Enabled
- Visually Appealing Sleek Design
- Compatible with Apps & Widgets
- Extremely Lightweight
- Color Touchscreen Display
- Difficult to Navigate Features
- Swim Tracker Inaccurate
- Low Resolution Screen
Garmin vívoactive 3 Golf GPS Watch 2020 Review:- Conclusion
The Garmin vivoactive 3 watch is the perfect GPS option for the modern-day athlete, who not only enjoys a spot of golf at the weekend but also likes to swim, cycle, walk and run. It also doesn’t look out of place as a traditional watch.
The vivoactive 3 might lack some of the key “golf techs” that other GPS watches in this test feature, but if glancing at yardage is all you care about while out on the course then this one is well worth a closer look.
Garmin Vivoactive 3 is certainly one of the most interesting GPS enabled watch in the market.
It has a blend of features like daily activity tracker, GPS, and compatibility with apps and widgets which make it one of the best watches out in the market.
With a sleek contemporary design and other features, it can transform into a regular everyday watch.
It is also one of the most lightweight watches in the market and has a color touchscreen display making it easier for the users to access information by swiping from left to right.
The watch connects with Connect IQ and supports with third party apps to extend its functionality.