Golfers make use of the best fairway woods to hit the ball fairway. There are a few fairway woods that can be utilized as a driver.
The individuals that are true to wood clubs choose only fairway woods, though the hybrid golf clubs are becoming the most favored choice for a lot of golfers.
Most of these woods are fantastic to be kept in the bag for their capability to grow up the ball in the air at ease.
Moreover, these fairway woods are much easier to hit than those long iron.
That’s the reason it is recommended for every golfer to have at least 3 and 5 wood in their golf bag.
For those who are determined to take a game advancement fairway wood for the game, then you definitely can certainly get the one from the below-listed fairway woods that are finest.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Fairway Woods For High Handicappers Review:- List
- 2 Callaway Men's Great Big Bertha #3 Fairway Wood (Right Hand, Graphite, Stiff Flex, Kuro Kage 50g, 15 Degrees)
- 3 TaylorMade Men's RBZ Fairway, Black
- 4 Recommended Product
- 5 Cobra Golf 2019 F9 Speedback Fairway, Black/Yellow, Right Hand, Regular, 22.5 Degrees
- 6 TaylorMade M4 Fairway (3HL, Regular Flex, Right Hand)
- 7 Cleveland Golf 2018 Men's HB Fairway (Graphite, Right Hand, 15, Regular)
- 8 Advantages Of Finest Fairway Woods During Game
- 9 How To Hit Fairway Woods Better
- 10 What are Different about Woods and Irons?
- 11 For High Handicappers Review And Buyer’s Guide: Conclusion
Best Fairway Woods For High Handicappers Review:- List
1) Callaway Guy’s Big Bertha :- Best Fairway Woods For High Handicappers
Callaway Men's Great Big Bertha #3 Fairway Wood (Right Hand, Graphite, Stiff Flex, Kuro Kage 50g, 15 Degrees)
- Cup Face technology: we're serious about giving you the most distance in a fairway wood, and we put in our forged hyper speed Face cup to show that we mean business; It's designed for high speeds that make the ball Go far on center and off-center hits
- Ultimate playability and Control: the head is larger than our typical fairway wood, and that extra surface area leads to a higher moi for more forgiveness; We also added our Legendary warbird soleplate which makes the club easy to hit from any lie
- Special heaven wood and divine nine options: these two clubs have a unique combination and tighter dispersion than you might get from your regular club configuration; The heaven wood and divine nine could give you the perfect gapping for your bag
- Optifit Adjustability: tune the fairway wood to the settings you want to play with our 8-way Adjustability; You can add loft, take loft off or adjust the lie angle to fit your swing (NOT available on 7 wood and divine 9 wood)
The Callaway men’s big Bertha fairway woods is a stunning development for attaining more playability along with distance, using a hyper-speed face hole for ball speed and a modern warbird sole which makes it easy to hit in technology.
To offer the most in space with a Callaway fairway woods, a forged hyper rate face hole is featured and designed for greater rates to
make the ball achieve a lengthier way on off-center in addition to on-center hits.
In regards to control and supreme playability, the head is bigger than an average fairway wood and that added surface area gives away more MOI for forgiveness that is higher.
A celebrated Warbird soleplate is added as well to allow it to be simple for the club to hit from a range of lies with mid- launching trajectory.
The divine nine options and special heaven wood have an ideal combination in addition to stiffer dispersion than everything you get from your golf club configuration that is ordinary.
The divine nine and heavenwood could provide you with the appropriate gapping to your own bag.
By means of adjustability that is optifit, it is possible to change the fairway wood to settings which you want to play with eight-way.
You fix, can comprise studio or shoot studio off the angle to accommodate your swing.
Shot shaping greatest trajectory control ability, and more ball speed is what you are going to enjoy with these fairway woods.
A lighter, robust, and leaner Carpenter steep face cup layout will create greater ball rates alongside the whole face for consistent and playability space.
Backspin for preferred trajectory, more forgiveness, and increased space in the fairway as well as the innovative flexible hosel enables dip or rise in the loft level in one single measure to optimize the launching angles.
- Produces demanded too high, not too low or trajectory
- Big Bertha gets the job done easily, offering adequate space both from pleasant fairway lies and off the tee
- Blue finish that is a rewarding change from gray or black
- Not a sizable bomber for most testers
- Additional forgiveness is expected
2) TaylorMade Men’s RBZ Fairway, Black:- Best Fairway Wood
TaylorMade Men's RBZ Fairway, Black
- Strategically positioned mass pad to optimize launch, sound and feel
- Legendary Speed Pocket in the sole of the club to promote higher launch and reduce spin for even more distance
- Shallow profile for a lower center of gravity to increase playability off the fairway
- New satin black finish with details on crown to improve alignment
- Stock Shaft: TaylorMade Rocketfuel 55
RBZ fairway woods and lightweight and golf clubs include a fabulously constructed Speed Pocket, that’s smaller and increase the speed of the clubface.
The speed pockets in RBZ fairway woods are filled with the polymer to maintain the debris out without reducing the rate of the golf club face, as well as take up the vibration.
The amount of weight that is saved by Speed Pocket Design is equally distributed inside the clubhead where it’s been shown that TaylorMade is proven to boost fast ball speed and low spin for lower to the place and transferring the center of gravity forward.
The TaylorMade Engineers made the face more shallow whilst maintaining exactly the same rate.
The RBZ wood’s face is much shallower, and this has brought the center of gravity to lower in regards to the center of the face, which has made it simpler for launching on the high angle.
This provides a sleek and stealthy appearance to the RBZ fairways. Clubs and RBZ fairway woods are understood to provide an amazing mixture of ease of distance and launching.
They are the longest and highly playable fairway woods created by TaylorMade.
All of the metal wood club faces of RBZ are made out of high-quality steel alloy which adds the speed of the golf club face and credit and its greatest operation fairway woods golf clubs.
Fairway woods of RBZ are designed with a Lightweight 55 RocketFuel shaft which is more lightweight than those shafts used in previous versions.
This could help players to achieve a perfect swing path and a solid contact, which then encourages increased accuracy and distance.
It’s possible for you to find the RBZ Fairway Wood available in matte black finish with images that are designed for assisting in the alignment. This fairway wood is striking.
- Fell spin rate to attain greater space
- Lighter Speed Pocket
- More exact than a motorist
- Lightweight and durable
- Not purpose mark
- Absence of proper adjustable
3) Cobra Men’s 3-4 W BIO Cell:- Best Fairway Woods For High Handicappers
Cobra Golf 2019 F9 Speedback Fairway, Black/Yellow, Right Hand, Regular, 22.5 Degrees
- Speed back Baffler Technology-Re-engineered BAFFLER rails and a low, back tungsten weight optimize turf interaction and lower the CG for improved launch and faster club head speed from any lie
- CNC Precision Milled Face-Golf's first fairway to feature a CNC milled face. A forged, and precision milled 455 stainless steel face insert delivers our thinnest, hottest fairway face
- 360 Aero Technology-Polymer crown trips and titanium sole trips are positioned relative to the direction of airflow around the club head to reduce drag for faster club head speeds
- Ultralight Carbon Fiber Crown-A lightweight carbon fiber crown saves discretionary weight to move the CG lower and deeper for higher launch and increased forgiveness
- MYFLY8 with Smart Rail- 8 easily adjustable loft settings help you manage trajectory and fine tune launch conditions to maximize distance
The Cobra Men’s bio cell fairway wood is the direct result of connections between cobra’s tour staff as well as their R & D using the goal of creating a contour that is more conventional and compact than that of conventional bio cell.
The bio cell fairway comes with an astonishingly streamlined footprint as well as the more shallow face that is planned to make for a golf club, which will be playable from the deck and the tee.
As long as aesthetics can be involved, bio cell fairway wood is the cleanest complete packages available out there in a fairway wood of a player.
Accessible to a range of colors, the compact size of the head is the highlight here with colors that are distinctive.
As the light, as well as the alignment assistance, shadowed bio cell paint scheme in the rear half portion of the head, the crown is featured just with a cobra symbol.
The paint usually shows the precise size and shape of what is happening with the use of these cells inside the head on the complete club layout.
As a result of the usage of smart pad technology plus a new myfly8 adapter, you can discover a complete amount of loft adjust-ability in the bio cell fairway.
This adapter has distinct studio alternatives in both 5- 3 and 7w -4w including 3 draw settings. When it comes to a driver,
Though the feel/sound is completely the most subjective, some thought characteristics have been featured by bio cells in this area.
Smaller size and the steel face insert are what that beams while the head features a sharp and also short metallic tink at the blow.
The sound though not by any means hollow and hence there isn’t any resonating, which leads to abnormally sound.
Moreover, the ball feels irrespective of where alongside the smaller surface area the strike is manufactured as if it jumps away from the face.
- Flexible Hosel enhances your choices
- Space coverage is more than typical
- Bio cell woods are comfortable and light and simple to swing
- Hard swings result in snipe and low draws
- Dumped-down opinion is almost not available for a few guys
- Loud graphics appear to be an acquired taste
4) TaylorMade M4:- Best Fairway Woods For High Handicappers
TaylorMade M4 Fairway (3HL, Regular Flex, Right Hand)
- Speed pocket creates more ball speed across the clubface for more distance & forgiveness. Split-weight mass pads provide increased MOI & perimeter weight distribution
- Ultra-strong ni-co 300 steel face insert allows for optimized ball speed
- 5-Layer carbon crown creates a lower CG by saving 8 grams vs a steel crown, driving higher launch while reducing spin
- Fluted hostel provides superior sound and feel without compromising CG location
- PLAYABILITY THROUGH GEOCOUSTIC TECHNOLOGY: A large footprint and low-profile shape makes it easy to launch and easy to play. The sole is shaped for optimal playability and improved sound & feel.
TaylorMade M4 Fairway Wood from TaylorMade is reported to be a fairway wood in a hybrid style, and this might be felt with its sleek look.
The head is understood to really have a profile that was lovely from in the side and above to check extremely aerodynamic.
The major goal of the layout is really to provide a camber that is increased to the fairway across from front to back across the only.
Every one of these aspects permits Super S to slither through the grass. Even in the event that you hit it from various kinds of lies, you will enjoy its performances.
One of the very attractive features of this fairway wood is the slots seen insole and the crown of a club head.
The slot doesn’t go through the head fully and is comprised merely to boost the launch angle devoid of raising the number of spins.
The lighter carbon material is employed for filling the slot in the sole to boost the ball speed for more distance and forgiveness.
Both slots with this fairway wood are joined to provide a higher penetrating flight to the unit.
Another noticeable thing is the solidity of the golf club felt during the strike, which ends in forgiveness and a perfect sound too.
Much like other TaylorMade woods, this fairway wood features softer shafts and is lightweight.
It gives a flight that is better and so should you use a stiff shaft, you must choose a shaft in the mix that is perfect and the perfectly fitted loft.
The sole of TaylorMade fairway wood has a black finish which is brushed on the clubface to render a quality look that is good to the golf club.
If you require its degree of operation and advanced technology utilized in the clubhead into account, you will understand it is priced than other fairway woods available in the market.
- Affordable price
- Easier hit and to swing
- Cut thru slot
- Great look and feel with matte white finish
- A little bit challenging for the beginner to get used to the gear
5) Cleveland Golf Men’s Launcher HB Fairway Wood
Cleveland Golf 2018 Men's HB Fairway (Graphite, Right Hand, 15, Regular)
Too low to display
- HiBore Crown
- New launcher cup-face
- Unique flex-fins
- Includes Headcover
Cleveland has come out with a fresh new layout that features some technology, which they believe will make fairway wood, the biggest one that they have made.
The Cleveland Golf Men’s Launcher HB Fairway Wood fairway wood joins power and forgiveness in a design that is versatile.
An excellent tour-demonstrated profile provides HiBrown crown optimum face and measurements that are sole to encourage a self-confidence-inspiring, clean appearance from off the tee.
Maximum space is generated by the technology of variable face thickness that is improved on-center strikes and greater forgiveness on off-center hits.
Featured with back sole plug, more weight to be placed low in the clubhead for improved launching is enabled by more advanced wall assembled.
A premium designed shaft is intended for a mid-high launch, offers an all-around blend of speed and stability with a solid feel at force.
It seems like there are just several main golf club producers around who make fundamental black golf clubs.
Cleveland has preserved classic styling throughout the time that was earlier, and also the new Golf Men’s Launcher HB fairway woods are nothing different.
The crown is sleek black without alignment aids which has got transformed right into a mid-size silver face.
There will probably be a quite amount of pinstriping over the edges and additionally a few bright carbon fiber accents should you flip the golf club to begin to see the sole.
The shape is intended to be self-confidence-inspiring. For golfers who prefer a pear shape, that will not function as the club for them regarding appearance. Yet, it does not appear like a mini drive by some means.
In the instance of functionality, it’d be refreshing in order simply go hitting on ways that are long and in addition able to simply flat and to select a three wood. The performance is uncomplicated and pleasant, and also you can hit shots merely.
- Launches ball with cuts and little effort smoothly through the rough
- Skilled players can make shots without the difficulty
- Space span is consistent
- The basic setup has an excellent look supporting the ball.
- Most of the panelists were not practical for hard swingers
- Draw bias miss distance that is noticeable compared to the others testes
Tips For Choosing Best Fairway Woods For High Handicappers Review And Buyer’s Guide
Then you should be careful in selecting the right one in case you have intended to choose fairway woods. The truth is, picking up the fairway woods is just like buying a brand new automobile.
With several kinds of shafts, lofts and head sizes available nowadays, it may be a daunting job to select the right-rated fairway woods for your golfing needs. However, you will find definite things that will be taken into consideration while selecting fairway woods.
• Tee: More forgiving is ensured by the extra loft, along with a three-wood on the right hand readily travels as far as you can and is easier to hit too.
• Distance Or Great Shots: In regards to using fairway wood then you must determine whether you’re employing it to place shots to the greens or only to hit the ball for space.
Then choosing more than one fairway wood with an increase of lofts will probably be better, in case you want the fairway wood for the latter purpose. This can help in landing and stopping faster.
• Head: If you want to hit on some grandeur shots, you cannot carry through them using a long iron or a driver. So, preferring for the fairway wood could be the pick that is right.
In case, you happen to be anticipating using the club predominantly; then you need to look for the one with all the shallow head. Fairways with larger heads ensure more forgiving and send by creating backspins.
In addition, it’s significant to give thought to the golf courses you’re playing. Giving thought to the distance needed seriously to reach can also be worthwhile. Pick the mixture of lofts and club to satisfy the needs up.
A fairway with 19 degrees goes higher and more distance than that which hybrid it what at exactly the same degree.
• Adjustability: The producers have started to supply adjustability in the fairway woods as well, although this attribute is simply popular simply in the event of drivers. This can be included to provide the capacity to customize the club to meet their conditions and swing to the players.
• Loft: These high loft fairway woods adjustments can be created linking the rotating shaft by removing the screw and replacing it in the pre. So, you can easily increase or decrease the loft.
• Substances: Head produced from various sorts of materials such as steel, titanium, etc. is contained by the fairway woods accessible the market Steels are proven to give you an element that was much more forgiving and powerful to the club.
The titanium which is lightweight in nature helps it be a favorable option for fairway woods. Should you give consideration to all these factors, you can easily choose the right fairway woods.
Advantages Of Finest Fairway Woods During Game
Fairway woods are made following an excellent variety of research and development that obviously proves it to be an ideal club for golfers.
They can use fairway wood for virtually any function they want, whether they need more height on a club or shots to replace three irons set or a club to be utilized off the tee, or they want a club to get hit from rough.
Each one of these purposes is served by fairway woods and in case you are smart enough to choose the very best fairway wood, you can able to obtain more advantages from a fairway wood. Take a look at the remarkable advantages of fairway wood that comes more versatile for golfers,
• Though not as comfortable as woods available in the marketplace come using ahead because the head isn’t needed to be as enormous as a driver constructed out of steel.
Steel provides a forgiving, powerful element to the golf club, and also, this cheap metal could be manufactured readily for the smaller head.
• Including more loft vanquished by steel in this space; this metal is used in most of the fairway woods.
• Adams speed fairway woods available in the marketplace.
• Exotics XCG in drivers, few producers now offer adjustability in fairway woods to enable players the potential to customize the club to match their conditions and swing.
• Callaway Diabolo- Designed to overcome the turf interaction issues of bigger-headed fairway woods; the angled sole was created to limit surface contact.
• Titanium-Relatively Two choices are crafted to adapt 2 ball flights. Tour was formed by the head-inspired F3 generates a reduced flight. F2, having a shallower and broader face, has a lesser CG along with higher lofts to instigate the ball higher
.• Composite-There’s some composite R9- The hosel design that’s flexible attributes 8 settings that alter the face angle, loft, and lie. Ball-flight options differ between a bit higher and neutral, attract on the bias to a little lower, slice prejudice. Material advantages of fairway woods
How To Hit Fairway Woods Better
For beginner golfers, there are differing opinions about when they should begin to practice hitting a fairway wood.
One school of thought holds that beginners shouldn’t try hitting a fairway wood until after they’ve become skilled at hitting mid- and short-irons.
The theory here is that the shorter shafts and higher lofts of the irons are easier to learn with and are more forgiving.
Another school of thought holds that the larger club heads and wider sole plates of the fairway woods make them more forgiving of imprecise hitting.
Fairway woods can play better off of grass and dirt than irons, which can be very helpful to beginner golfers.
Forgiveness is a good thing. Let’s look at how the fairway woods compare to the irons.
What are Different about Woods and Irons?
The broad term “fairway woods” also includes utility woods. In common terminology, fairway woods are the 3-wood and 5-wood.
Utility woods are the 7-wood, 9-wood, and 11-wood. In case you’re wondering, there is a 1-wood.
It’s more commonly known as a driver. As a beginner, it’s too early for you to be using a driver.
Many golfers carry only the “true” fairway woods: the 3-wood and 5-wood. For beginner golfers, carrying those two is a great strategy.
(As a beginner, you might also consider carrying a 7-wood. For more about that, see our recommendations for the best golf clubs for beginners.)
Generally speaking, fairway woods have fewer lofts than do the irons. This allows the ball to fly lower in the air and gain a good distance.
Woods have longer shafts, larger club heads, and wider sole plates more so than the irons. If that’s the case, your posture and your golf swing arc are different than for irons.
Irons are hit with a short swing arc and actually impact the ball on the upswing.
They take a somewhat large divot as they loft the ball into the air. Hitting a fairway wood is done with a longer, flatter swing arc that impacts the ball at the bottom of your downswing.
Make sure you sweep the ball into the air off the grass (or sand, when played in a bunker), taking little to no divot.
The most common error made by beginner golfers when hitting a fairway wood is to try to scoop the ball up off the ground.
Let the loft of the club do that for you. (To learn more about these clubs, see our article: Irons and Woods — A Brief Comparison for Beginner Golfers.)
When hitting a fairway wood, place the ball forward in your stance, a couple of inches inside your lead foot (left for righties and right for lefties). This placement allows for a wider arc and sweeping motion as you swing through.
If the ball is too far back, the swing arc won’t be long or flat enough, causing a large divot. If your divot is too deep, that’s a sign that your ball isn’t forward enough or that your swing is too steep. (See also Hitting the Ball Fat.)
When you address the ball, flex your knees a bit and keep your back flat, not arched. A good guideline is to keep your spine perpendicular to the club shaft. No slouching!
On the backswing and downswing, maintain your arm extension, keeping your forward arm as straight as possible. Twist your hips as you go through the motion of your backswing and downswing to produce power.
Don’t try to force the power by smacking the ball with all your arm strength. And as always, make sure your head is down and your eyes are on the ball.
Most important, sweep the ball off the ground at the bottom of a long, flat downswing. Don’t try to flick or scoop it up with the clubhead. Hit the ball cleanly and squarely, and let the club do the rest.
TIP: If you’re singing out of the rough, hit the golf club head behind the ball (short of moving the golf ball) to tamp down some of the grass between the head and the ball.
This is permitted as long as you don’t make contact with the ball itself. BUT (and, as you can see, it’s a big one) don’t do that when hitting out of a sand trap. Grounding the club in a bunker is a penalty. Tamp grass = yes, sand = no-no-no.
Another advantage of the fairway woods is that beginner golfers can (and should) use them in place of a driver off the tee.
The only way to understand the fairway woods is to take them to the practice range and hit balls with them.
You need to know what distance you can get from each one and become more skilled at striking the ball efficiently. Repetition is the only way to attain this.
Also, when practicing, compare the results you get when hitting fairway wood and iron. Compare lofts and distances. Find out which of all of the clubs performs better for you in which situations.
Remember that you can only carry 14 clubs in your bag (and as a beginner player, you don’t even need that many). You want them to be the ones that serve you the best. You can reward them by putting those little golf club hats on them.
Now that you’ve learned about hitting a fairway wood, check out the instructional program at PurePoint Golf.
PurePoint GUARANTEES that their Full Swing eBook and BONUSES will help you gain greater distance, achieve better control, cut your handicap, and have you playing the best golf you have ever played in just 2 weeks or your money back!
For High Handicappers Review And Buyer’s Guide: Conclusion
In the event you are a beginner golfer, you need to be cautious in picking up the right fairway woods for you. It is always more straightforward to pick the one which is priced. You get golf clubs assembled flawlessly for you personally and may even consult with professionals.
Opt for the ones which might be affordable, in case you are budget-minded. You can get fairway woods online from any of the brands that are leading. You’ll be able to implement the hints given above to choose the right fairway woods.
A fairway wood plays a crucial function in discovering your hit. To make hits that are perfect, pick the best fairway woods for you personally.