Garmin Approach S20 Review
Garmin Approach S20, GPS Golf Watch with Step Tracking, Preloaded Courses, Black
- AUTOSHOT - Round analyzer measures shot distances with auto-recording for post-round analysis on your Garmin Connect account
- STYLISH COMFORT - Fully-hinged, sleek watchband design with comfortable fit. Display resolution: 128 x 128 pixels
- TRUSWING COMPATIBLE - When paired, Garmin TruSwing golf swing sensor provides metrics to improve your swing consistency. Display size: 0.9 x 0.9(inches)
- ACTIVITY TRACKING - Reminds you to stay active on or off the course with move bar alerts. Displays steps, calories burned, distance and time of day, plus it monitors hours of sleep.
- STAT TRACKING - Enhanced stats keeps track of fairways hit, greens in regulation and putts per round
When you are looking for just a regular watch you certainly have wide range of options that you can look for.
However, when you are keen on buying golf GPS watch you need to look out for features that make sense and that can provide you with better efficiency.
Garmin has continued to provide wide range of golf GPS-enabled watches and Approach S20 is one such model that you should not miss out.
This entry-level watch certainly is a notch above the S1 model and offers a competitive price tag that suits first time buyers and users.
Garmin Approach S20 Review:- Features
Garmin has come up with an elegant sleek design that makes it very appealing and ideal for those who want lightweight and comfortable watch on their wrist.
Although, the watch is lightweight and seems delicate, it is rugged, durable and water resistant for up to 10 meters.
If you’re unable to keep track of your score you can let the watch do the work for you.
Garmin Approach S20 comes with a feature where it can keep track of your golf score and that way you can always keep track of the score even when you are concentrating on other things.
When you’re done, you can connect the watch using USB cable and download the score on your computer and keep records and print your scores.
The high sensitivity GPS receiver embedded in the watch allows the users to get the yardage to the front, middle and back of the green.
It also provides plus layups and dogleg distances to improve usability over the entire hole.
The watch comes preloaded with 40,000 courses from around the world, so you don’t have to waste time downloading all the maps online.
With Approach S20 you can choose the course you want to play and you know everything you need to know about the course.
Approach S20 also includes free lifetime course updates without additional subscriptions.
Garmin Approach S20 Review:- Benefits
The watch is very lightweight and also doubles up as a regular watch with other features like alarms and therefore it can work as an everyday watch.
The best golf watch is available in four different color options and there are band options as well to choose from.
The yardage information provided is pretty basic, but accurate and therefore it offers good information to those who are first time users and want basic information to improve their golf play.
The watch also measures individual shot distances which is another piece of information that users can keep track of when they are using Garmin Approach S20.
The watch comes preloaded with 40,000 golf courses from around the world which means users don’t have to download the information after purchasing the watch.
With Approach S20 there is a huge database of golf courses already available in the watch that users can use.
- Easy to Use
- Auto shot round analyzer
- Activity Tracking
- Excellent Course Coverage
- Free Lifetime Course Updates
- Multiple Color and Band Options
- High-sensitivity GPS Receiver
- Lightweight and Durable
- Water Resistant (up to 10 meters)
- Records Individual Shot Distances
- Precise yardage to front, middle and back of the green
- Free USB Car Charge Adapter
- 60-days Buy and Try Return Policy
- Lacks Premium Features
- No Social Media Functionality
- No Online Portal
Garmin Approach S20 Review:- Conclusion
Garmin Approach S20 is certainly one step forward compared to the entry-level S1 watch, but it still lacks some of the premium features that allow users to share their scores and information on social media and other online golf portals.
It is lightweight, durable and water resistant and works like an everyday watch as well. It can record individual shot distances and provide precise yardage information to front, back and middle of the green.
The watch comes preloaded with 40,000 golf courses from around the world which is another benefit for the users.