- What is the golf laser rangefinder?
- Why we have to use a golf laser rangefinder?
- GPS rangefinders or Golf Laser Rangefinder. Which is the Best Option?
- Top 10 Best Golf Laser Rangefinder Evaluation .
- 1. Bushnell Pro X7 Slope Golf Laser Rangefinder with JOLT
- 2. Nikon COOLSHOT 40i Golf Laser Rangefinder
- 3. CaddyTek Golf Laser Rangefinder with FlagSeeking
- 4. Callaway 300 Laser Rangefinder
- 5. Bushnell Tour v3 Slope Laser Rangefinder
- 6. GolfBuddy LR5 Golf Laser Rangefinder, Light Gray/Blue
- 7. GolfBuddy LR5S Golf Laser Rangefinder with Slope, Dark Gray/Blue
- 8. Nikon 8397 ACULON Laser Rangefinder
- 9. Breaking 80 Laser Range Finder with PinSensor 3
- 10. Bushnell Team Primos The Truth ARC Laser Rangefinder
- How to choose the best laser golf rangefinder
- Final Thoughts
What is the golf laser rangefinder?
Need to know about the best Golf Laser Rangefinder 2016? A Best Golf Laser Rangefinder, as its name indicates:
“Is a device to find the range or distance between the ball you have to shoot and the target hole you want to throw it in, by using a laser beam that measure the exact distance.”
Laser Rangefinders that are used to find out the distance and to accurately measure the whole yardage value with least ambiguity have become very popular in this era. It has been seen that measuring the yardages in the Golf ground is the most important thing that could be a game changer for amateurs and experts equally. When you have got the right distance evaluation, you are at par to choose the exact velocity with which you have to shoot your ball to reach the goal. For this reason measuring yardage, using golf course markers have become abandoned, and Golf Range Finders have dominated the market to provide accurate measurements to the user, making the golf game more exciting for the game lovers and easier for the golfers.
A laser rangefinder has numerous beneficial features to offer to the user and has been considered to be the most reliable and easy to use rangefinder, as compared to GPS rangefinders.
Why we have to use a golf laser rangefinder?
A laser rangefinder has a huge number of advantages. It has a number of factors that enable it to serve the golfers in an accurate way. But still, people are ambiguous in choosing the different types of rangefinders. It can be because of many reasons. The first of which, is the lack of the correct information about the types and features. Also, lack of time, limited budget or ignorance to the details can cause ambiguity while choosing it.
There are two major kinds of rangefinders that are available on the market that include Laser range finders and GPS range finder. But here we will be discussing what are the uses and benefits we have got a laser range finder and why should we have it while playing the game.
We need a laser rangefinder for the following reasons:
1. Easy targetting
A laser rangefinder is an excellent gadget to help golfers target their goals very easily. The rangefinder has to be put in a way that faces the target accurately. The rangefinder works efficiently to find and catch the target quickly. The gadget is very easy to use because it doesn’t require to complicated settings and can easily be used by amateurs and experts through simple functioning for measuring accurate distance.
2. For accurate yardages and distance measurements
The accuracy of the yardage provided by the laser rangefinders comes with a -/+.5-1 yd accuracy difference. It is quite accurate and gives the exact measurement with a minimum chance of missing out.
3. For speedy results
Most of the Golf Rangefinder Reviews show that laser rangefinders have the ability to give you high speed results by using the second generation lasers technology that provide high speed bounce back from the target. This gives the accurate measurements within seconds.
4. Pin seeking/ flag seeking and locking
Laser rangefinders have the ability to find and lock the target very quickly. That is why, it can be used to pick out the flags efficiently. It can lock the target to make the accurate measurement. This feature ensures that you will not be distracted, or misled by the background objects or trees and can easily pick the right target for you.
5. Jolt technology
The jolt technology is also an extraordinary feature to help you focus better. A laser rangefinder with a pin seeker jolt technology would definitely be a plus and a major reason you may choose the rangefinder. The technology provides a unique experience by seeking, locking and minor bursts to give you a jolt when you have got the target.
This provides you with an opportunity to capture the exact results without losing the target.
6. Slope modes
We also would need a laser golf rangefinder to measure the slope factors. These rangefinder would give you the trajectory difference of the ball to the goal and the difference of the path would be reflected to give you maximum accuracy if the goal or you are on a slope. Though in some cases this would not be allowed to do so.
GPS rangefinders or Golf Laser Rangefinder. Which is the Best Option?
As stated earlier, you should know that there are two technologies that have started to provide the rangefinder gadget. One of them is the laser rangefinder and the other one is the GPS range finder. Lets discuss the main and basic features of both of these types and then compare which is best for whom.
GPS range finder
A GPS range finder is a gadget that has the capability to measure the distance by using the Global positioning system. It uses the same satellite as the other devices use to measure and capture the distance. These devices need you to have a GPS connectivity to help you catch up with the target setting. This service will require a GPS subscription. You will also have to download the map of the ground where you are playing. GPS rangefinder has a little higher difference in the actual and the measured differences.
Laser range finders
In contrast to the GPS range finders, a laser rangefinder can help you measure accurate distances and capture to the target using the pinseeker and jolt technologies. These range finders can lock the target and assist you to shoot at the exact distance that you need to achieve. There is no need to subscribe any service for monthly charges as well as you don’t have to download any data or maps for the ground you are playing in.
Which rangefinder is best for you?
Comparing the main features of these two technologies we can sort out, that
Laser rangefinder is best for…
Those who need a simple functioning system to target the goals with a least difference in accurate distances.
These are best for beginners as they don’t require any complicated functions and operations to make use of its utility. Like subscribing and synching GPS and downloading the Golf ground maps.
It is also best to use a laser rangefinder when you have got a less dense ground with least interference of trees and other object or crowd.
GPS rangefinder is best for….
It would be best for those who need to play in crowded golf courses and are able to handle various functions to run a GPS.
The GPS system is better for experts who have the ability to manipulate results and can still work with some considerable differences in actual and measured distance.
Top 10 Best Golf Laser Rangefinder Evaluation .
1. Bushnell Pro X7 Slope Golf Laser Rangefinder with JOLT
The Bushnell Pro X7 is a powerful and potent range finder and has a lot of high-tech features along with the support of advanced functional capabilities. This rangefinder is well equipped with all the innovative technologies of a laser rangefinder and works to the perfection to ensure accurate and precise distance measurements. Pin Seeking Jolt technology, slope judgment attribute, vivid display and extreme speed and precision all are a technical element of this state-of-the-art laser range finder. This is a fully featured, premium quality range finder which comes with a 3-Volt 123 battery and a carry case as well. It is tour certified and has a 2-year warranty as well. Moreover, it is a dual usage rangefinder and can be used for shooting or hunting as well while the measurement units can also be changed to yards or meters. It will energize your golf experience and will provide you with the excellence and satisfaction of a well played game.
Some of the most valuable features are:
- It is based on Pin Seeker Jolt Technology which works professionally to capture only the target object while ignoring the entire background objects. In case when two objects are captured, it considers the object with a shorter distance and a jolting vibration alerts the user about the locked flag.
- The Vivid display Technology (VDT) works to improve the optical view of the object in all lighting conditions. It creates a balance between the contrast, clarity and light transmission, which ensures a clear screening of the target.
- The Extreme Speed Precision (E.S.P) ensures quick and accurate yardage measurements. So you will not have to wait for a while to get the accurate measurement, which are delivered within seconds.
- It has an immaculate 5 yards-1 mile, ranging performance along with the accuracy to ½ yard for 5-125 yards. And also range flags within about 550+ yards.
- The slope technology provides distances according to elevation levels and compensates for the incline or decline levels of the hole.
2. Nikon COOLSHOT 40i Golf Laser Rangefinder
It comes with a powerful 6-power monocular lens for attaining crisp and crystal clear images of the targets. The dimensions of this laser golf laser rangefinder are quite compact to be at 4.4 x 1.4 x 1.8 inches. The product is quite handy when it comes to its weight too. The net weight of the product is just 5.6 ounces. The product comes with the high in demand ID technology, which assists you in slope adjustment. Hyper Read is an excellent feature which provides you with very quick results of the distance calculated that you will see on the screen. The ranging ability of the product is good for both the novice players and the professionals. You can set up the equipment in the range of 8 to as much as 650 yards. There are quite a good number of benefits associated with the product. We have skimmed out the top benefits which are given below for your consideration:
- Speed and luck goes in tandem in the game of golf . As far as the speed is concerned, then the Hyper Read feature of the equipment will provide you with accurate results in as much as 0.5 seconds.
- The ranging ability of this laser rangefinder could be deployed in half yard increments and there is an error level more / less 2 1/4 in feet .
- The ID technology helps you with both the ability to adjust for the slope and also for the distance to the target. Therefore, this incredible feature enables you to choose the right club from your site to play the shot with full confidence.
3. CaddyTek Golf Laser Rangefinder with FlagSeeking
The CaddyView 100 is a premium quality, hi tech Best Golf Rangefinder 2015, by Caddy Tek. It is based on Flag seeking technology, which ensures accurate target measurements and improved the precision value of your game to a great extent. This laser rangefinder is well designed with a medium size which gives a clear view of the images and is compact enough to be carried around without any hassle. It will add power and energy to your game and lets you enjoy a fulfilling golf experience. This laser rangefinder works with a CR2 3V battery, but you might have to buy the battery separately. It is easy to operate and gives clear and bright images of the target. It is a high performance device in an affordable price and it functions as good as any other hi-tech laser rangefinder. Although, it has a waterproof design, yet it comes in a soft casing to protect it against the weather changes and lets you focus on the game without worrying about it. This laser rangefinder is considered legal for use in golf tournaments and agrees with the USGA, R&A rules of golf as well as USGA Handicap guidelines.
Some of its hi-tech features are:
- The Flag stick technology gives accurate distances to the flagstick and ignores the background objects such as greenery, bushes and trees. Can measure up to 5- 300 yards for flags.
- This laser rangefinder gives distances to the nearest subjects. So, no matter what is distance you need to measure, you can range from short to long yardage within its given range, easily,
- It has a 6X magnification power and an IPX4 Waterproof design which makes it suitable for use under all weather conditions.
- This is a wide range laser rangefinder and can capture objects ranging from 5 to 1000 yards and ensures 100% accuracy.
- While operating in scan mode, it thoroughly scans the landscape and gives multiple readings to help you make accurate decisions.
4. Callaway 300 Laser Rangefinder
The Callaway laser rangefinder is a professional favorite and the amateurs too have a good time using this equipment. Its sheer class is ideally reflected in its dapper looks and versatility in functionality which you must check out. The customer reviews about the product are fairly strong and negligible complaints are the only ones that you will notice about this product from its users. The product comes with a very compact and sleek design showing great suitability for all levels of players. The overall dimensions of the product are 3 x 8 x 4.2 inches. The net weight of this laser golf rangefinder is 4.8 ounces. A comprehensive user manual is part of the deal, which will answer all your queries about the product.
The exclusive range of the product falls in the range of 5 to 1000 yards, which is good enough to cover all good fields. A 6x magnification lens is used in the product which will provide you with very crisp and real life images of your targets. The Pin Acquisition Technology is part of the product which is capable of locking your target within a range of 300 yards. The scan landscape mode of the product allows you to lock multiple targets on the golf field at once.The laser rangefinder is water and fog proof. Further, you will find it to be legal for every tournament game play. The product from Callaway holds a number of benefits for the players have different expertise in the game which are mentioned below for your consideration:
- The equipment has a sleek design and light weight, which allow players to use it with easy one-hand operation.
- Golf is an all-weather sport so this rangefinder is waterproof in order to keep it safe during rain hours.
- The user manual of this product is really a thankless thing to have. If you explore it well then every step that you need to perform for troubleshooting it for all the issues can be found there.
- You can blindly trust this product to give you accurate results within 1000 yards range with an error tolerance level of just 1 yard +/- which obviously is good enough to be called negligible.
5. Bushnell Tour v3 Slope Laser Rangefinder
The Bushnell Tour V3 is an absolute laser rangefinder device that comes enclosed with a catchy look, a comfortable, handy design and a superior performance. This Bushnell golf rangefinder is based on PinSeeker JOLT technology and an advanced slope technology, which is a manifestation of the Bushnell brand itself and takes the accuracy and precision of the game to a level of excellence and merit. The device is easy to use and operate and all the information regarding the distances is shown on an LCD Display. This rangefinder comes with a carrying case and a 3-volt battery as well. You can choose to turn off the vibration mode to preserve the battery and the yards can be converted to meters as well for measuring distances. It is designed as such that golfers with glasses can also use it without any hassle and it gives clear and bright images under all circumstances. It is a quick performing device and works instantly to provide complete and accurate results on an LCD screen. It is durable and long lasting as well.
Some of the noteworthy attributes of this rangefinder are:
- This laser rangefinder is based on PinSeeker JOLT technology, which gives a vibrating signal to notify that the pinseeker is locked on a target.
- The Slope technology gives the swing yardage according to the incline or decline position of the hole and ensures that you never miss out on a target.
- It also has a superior range capturing implementation which lies between 10 to 1,000 yards. And measures the flag distance within about 300 yards with an accuracy of about 1 yard difference.
- The device can be operated single handedly and has a 5x magnification power along with a 24mm objective.
- The Bushnell rangefinder has a compact design with an ergonomic casing which makes gives it a good grip and relieves you from worrying about the rangefinder while focusing on the game.
6. GolfBuddy LR5 Golf Laser Rangefinder, Light Gray/Blue
The GolfBoddy LR5 Laser rangefinder is designed to provide paramount accuracy to the golfers and is based on ground-breaking technology standards which make the game experience all the more active and rewarding. Being considered as a pioneer in the world of laser rangefinders, the LR5 rangefinder comes with three different scan modes which give this rangefinder a superior level of accuracy and precision. This is a high performance laser rangefinder and has a compact design along with two button operation so you can easily use this rangefinder while wearing gloves as well. A blinking rectangular box notifies you about the laser activation and allows you to switch the scan modes just with the single click of a button. The rangefinder has a camera like casing and strap for a comfortable usage while on the golf course and lets you enjoy the game to the fullest.
This rangefinder offers some advanced, hi-tech features such as:
- It has 3 scan modes for targeting i.e standard, scan and pin which lets you focus on the target and get an exact distance measurement. Ranging ability is 582 yards, 375 yards and 248 yards for standard, scan and pin mode respectively.
- The rangefinder comes with 6X magnification levels, which gives clear and lucid images of the target. You would not get a blurry or vague view while using . It will give a clear and crisp view to focus your target for an accurate distance estimation It has a compact structure with an ergonomic design which makes it a very handy and practical device for a golf game.
- The water resistant attributes add value to its usability in rough and rainy weather as well, so you can continue your game in all weather conditions.
- It comes with an adjustable eye piece so people who wear glasses can easily adjust the diopter to fit to their needs.
- An attractive casing and the battery is also included in the package and the battery can work up to 5,000 actuations while the auto shut off feature after 10 seconds works to preserve the battery as much as possible.
7. GolfBuddy LR5S Golf Laser Rangefinder with Slope, Dark Gray/Blue
The GolfBuddy LR5S is a high quality, technically equipped and well designed laser range finder which makes your golfing experience all the more productive and fulfilling. It has a compact design and is based on advance ease of use technology which makes it a great companion in all kinds of golf courses. Golf Buddy is well known for developing devices which are competent enough to provide accurate and precise distances and this objective reflects in this particular laser rangefinder as well.
The LR5S is an ultimate golf laser range finder which comes at an affordable price and offers all the advanced features of a high-tech range finder. It is well proficient to provide your game with accurate and exact distance measurements and the slope feature decreases the chances of errors to minimal. It works in three different modes as standard mode, scan mode, and pin mode. And the range for each mode is 582 yards for standard mode, 375 yards in scan mode and 248 yards pin mode. Add this laser range finder into your golf kit and enjoy your game filled with a sense of achievement and accomplishment. Moreover, it is made up of high quality material and a first-rate optical screen with the ability to bear tough weather conditions.
Most prominent features are:
- It comes with 6X magnification power, which ensures a clear image of the target and gives precise readings on An LCD display.
- Three different targeting modes help greatly to get a sharp and improved target distance.
- It has an ergonomic design which lets you maintain a strong hold on the device while in an uneven golf course and a compact design makes it easier to move around with the device.
- The Slope technology allows the device to calculate the distances while considering the slope and altitude levels of the target flags.
- This laser rangefinder requires a single CR2 battery for operation and provides accuracy up to 1 yard.
8. Nikon 8397 ACULON Laser Rangefinder
Nikon Aculon is considered a vanguard amongst the lightweight and compact rangefinders which make it easy to maneuver and operate and a highly suitable companion for the uneven golf course. It has a long range target capturing ability with ultimate accuracy and precision. It comes with a carrying strap, carrying case, CR2 battery and a microfiber cloth to clean the LCD and optical screen. The rangefinder has quick performance capabilities and works well for solid as well as moving objects. This rangefinder is definitely a must have item for rough and uneven golf courses and has a rubber protection which shield it against the shock and unexpected weather conditions. Its 6X magnification power and multilayer coatings on optics reduce the light loss and ensured lucid and brilliant images. It has a long battery life and turns off automatically after 8 seconds to preserve the battery as much as possible. This is an excellent quality range finder which is easy to operate, gives accurate results along with being long lasting and durable as well.
Some of the considerable attributes of this rangefinder are:
- The rangefinder has a 550-yard range capability and a significant 0.1 Yard accurate results. All the distances are measured in yards and meters and displayed as such.
- The progressive target ranging technology allows for accurate ranging of all targets and displays the measurements of the nearest target.
- The rangefinder offers an ultimate easy to use, compact and sleek design while the operations buttons are placed strategically so that the user can access them easily and do not lose the grip during the range finding process.
- The rangefinder has strong performance capabilities and a single button operation gives you accurate measurements in a swift manner. All the information is displayed on LCD in a well-planned and organized way so that the user can review data easily and make brisk decisions.
9. Breaking 80 Laser Range Finder with PinSensor 3
This is a compact, easy to handle and lightweight golf laser rangefinder. It has been designed to give you maximum portability without any hassles. The size and weight of the rangefinder is not a problem at all, and can easily be carried in a bag, while playing your game. This laser finder, by the manufacturer Breaking 80, has got the latest Pin sensor technology that would not let you miss your target for any reasons. This one is capable of measuring the exact distance and can cope with the overlapping effect due to its pin sensor technology. This rangefinder can help you measure the distance to the closest object with the help of a specialized setting for the first target preference mode. The device is quite comfortable in giving you proper measurements, no matter how much interference you have and how trees and plants or bunkers come in the way, while measuring the target distance. Its scan mode would help you find the distance to your target, ignoring all the hindrances and obstacles that might come in your way.
- The rangefinder can measure the desired distance with an accuracy of +/- 1 yards, which is the minimum difference.
- It can give you an 8 second continuous scanning utility to help you scan and locate the exact location and distance of your target.
- It can easily measure the distance for up to 300 yards with a +/- 1 yards difference in actual distance.
- The 6x magnification and also the 24 mm objective help you see through the target area without any ambiguity.
- It features comply to the legal rules and hence it is legal to be used in tournament play if you need so.
- The intelliscan feature helps the user to scan and target the right spot despite of any hindrances that might come in the way.
- The 3rd generation pin sensor technology is helpful in picking the right distance of the target flag using the first priority targetting mode.
- It offers money back guarantee if you don’t want to keep it as your golf companion due to any reasons. Also,there is a 1 year manufacturer warranty
10. Bushnell Team Primos The Truth ARC Laser Rangefinder
The product is manufactured under the Bushnell brand of laser rangefinder which is the most popular brand and easily traceable for all its product specific pros, cons and features. The dimensions of the product are 3.8 x 1.4 x 2.9 inches. The total weight of the product is just 5.3 ounces.The outer shell of the product is anti-slip or non-glossy which allows you to handle it with ease. It comes with a Posi Thread battery door for easy replacement of the battery.Tree ranging performance of the rangefinder is 600 yards and deer range 200 yards.
The product comes with a reasonably good 4x magnification lens backed with Angle Range Compensation optimization for the purpose of bow hunting. There is a highly versatile built-in inclinometer which is capable of taking angular distance calculations within an angular range up to -90 to 90 degrees. The equipment can take truly horizontal and angular measures within a range your desired flag. The overall distance range for any flag on the golf course is 7 to 850 yards for this laser golf rangefinder. The accuracy of the product is 1 yard +/- which only the high end products have to offer.
The Bushnell laser rangefinder has quite a number of benefits which can be referred below:
- The anti-slip and the non-glossy grip of the product allow you to operate it with full confidence even if you have sweaty hands.
- The battery of the equipment is quite long lasting and the good thing is that the battery life indicator option is there which lets you know about the status of the battery.
- The unique advantage of the rangefinder is that, it can take angular measurements as well. So, you can take accurate decisions.
- The measurements taken from the equipment are lightning fast and you really don’t need to wait any long in getting the precise measurements.
How to choose the best laser golf rangefinder
Choosing a laser golf rangefinder exactly according to your requirements and the game standards is quite a drill. Newcomers, who are in learning phase can make use of the laser rangefinders easily. It is because these rangefinders are very easy to use and simple to understand and the new players who are already are in a struggle to learn various things, can use it easily. However, useful information can be found online regarding how to buy the best possible laser golf rangefinder. This guide will serve you with all the basic and crunch points that you need. You should adhere to these points, while buying a rangefinder from the online market or otherwise.
Features for any technology based product are the key points to look at. You will need to dig down deep into a product to find out about all its major features. The following are the features that you must look for:
– Accuracy in golf using laser rangefinder is directly attributed to success. How accurate you shot is will be determined by the accuracy of your equipment. The best products offer accuracy with a tolerance level of 1 yard plus/ minus which is acceptable.
Maximum distance range
– Range tells that how far your laser rangefinder can perform. It is ideally preferred to have a device in a distance range of some 350 yards or even more.
First target priority
– The first target priority actually, sets up the first desired object in your range as the prime target. This helps in removing all the unnecessary objects within the line of sight of the product which could be distracting.
– The majority of the laser rangefinders comes in 2 modes. The first one sets up the equipment to scan any object in the line of sight or the range of the equipment and the other looks for the closest or the first target that you want to set.
– Golf is an outdoor game of course so such products should be water resistant at least if not water proof.
Is it tournament approved?
Tournament approval for the product is a must thing if you want to use it much beyond just practice game playing. There are certain features which are not tournament friendly and are not allowed to use in the tournaments. So make sure that your product adheres to all the U.S. PGA golf rules so that there is no frustration later on. The good thing is that the top tournament friendly products are marketed with their approval to use in the tournaments.
Golf itself is an expensive game where you need to spend lavishly even to buy a mediocre playing equipment. However, there is good variety in prices set for the laser rangefinder. You can expect to buy quality laser rangefinders in the range of 150 to 300 dollars.
Size and weight:
The size and weight of the equipment plays a pivotal role in your success while using the equipment. The laser rangefinders require to have a line of sight to the product where also you must have very firm hands to get accurate results. One hand operation is the solution which is best possible only if you have a lightweight product with small size and easy grip as well.
Branded products in the golf laser rangefinders are also as important as they are for any other product. The branded products speak for quality itself and it is easier for you to make your decision as a lot of information is readily available about such products on the web. Finding all the inside information about the branded products is very easy just because the product has been popular among players which could be for good or for the bad reasons.
No other source of information about the Golf Laser Rangefinder Reviews, could be as important as the customer reviews. It is because of the reason that it gives the potential buyers an unbiased opinion about the product. All the branded products would surely have a number of Golf Rangefinder Reviews on different sites on the web. Do refer them always before taking any decision about the purchase of a particular product.
Now, knowing what Golf Rangefinders are, and how these can benefit you, would help a lot to decide about what this gadget. You should carefully select between the products, because it should be according to the required play modes you’ll be using. You should not spend for extra features that are of no use to you. There are numerous products that are there on the market. But to find the best Golf Laser Rangefinder 2015, you can rely on the above given suggestions. These are the best rated laser rangefinders that are available for you and you can easily pick the one that has the required characteristics. So, no need to wander around the market and jumble yourself into the selection procedure. You can easily compare and pick one here. We have chosen these rangefinders.