A good Golf Rangefinder can prove to be a great asset if it is selected carefully and thereafter maintained well. They are the best option available to a golf player to make a difference in the quality of their performance. A decent lens of the golf rangefinder will help him identify distances of various objects on the field and assess accurate time. So proper functioning of the lens is of utmost importance else a player will face a lot of challenges on the course despite carrying such a gadget. You may buy the best golf laser rangefinder in the market on basis of Golf laser rangefinder reviews and other researches, however if you are faltering on looking after its lens, your investment will soon go into drains because if lens is not maintained well there are high chances it will not serve you for a long time and you soon will be bound to buy a new device or incur heavy costs in replacing its lens. Many professional players are aware of this reality however do not completely know the ways to take care of it. With these handy tips, you can surely make the most out of your device on the field.
Top Tips and Tricks to Maintain the Lens of Golf Rangefinder
- Keep Safe -The lens is a very delicate part of the Golf Rangefinder hence needs to be handled with an extra care to avoid breakage, fall or even a crack. You must avoid banging or dropping it on the ground or hitting with a solid surface. Keeping it in its padded bag, away from edges of a surface and far from children when not in use is an important precaution one must take. Remember, rangefinder is a heavy investment for a golfer and if handled with care and given due protection from external damages, its lens will provide hassle free service for many years.
- Keep away from direct light – The lens is sensitive to ultra-violet rays of the sun and excess exposure to sunrays can harm it beyond repairs. The intense light overwhelms the lens and confuses its sensor thereby reduces its effective range and image. So when not in use, always keep it covered and unexposed to direct sunlight and bright artificial lights as much as possible.
- Cleaning – Dirt and dust are common challenges to the lens and if remain accumulated will give horrible images. Regular and thorough cleaning of the lens is important practice to follow to ensure its quality life. Just clean with light strokes on the outside of a lens with a lens cloth made of microfiber and a few drops of cleaning solution meant for lens use or even using brush with soft bristles.
- Removing stains – It is not difficult to remove a stubborn strain from your lens using a soft velvet cloth with a pure alcohol. This can be gently rubbed against the strain to avoid any scratches on its surface in the process. Regular dusting of the lens is a crucial practice in maintaining its long life to avoid any stain to get imprinted on it. Utmost care must be taken while cleaning it with right tools else you may encounter crippling scratches on your lens and there is no good way to repair them.
- Repairs – Any potential damage to the lens call for a professional help. You must avoid troubleshooting it yourself since it might harm the lens more than correcting it. While it may cost a considerable amount showing to a professional, you can rest at peace that it is dealt in hands of an expert.
- Cover up – Always keep your rangefinders in the cover or a padded bag when not in use to protect it from harmful sunrays, infrared rays or harsh weather conditions and even dust. It will go a long way in keeping your device newer, safer and protected.
As golf rangefinders are expensive items, you would want to have them for a long time to serve you so follow these simple and easy tips and tricks to keep your lens in a good running condition and to give you the value for money you deserve.