The Cleveland CBX 2 is a good wedge to have in your bag as a versatile, accurate, and dependable club.
This wedge is designed to give you a remarkable feel and performance without sacrificing design and style.
Table of Contents
Cleveland CBX 2 Wedge Wedge Review:- Features
Cleveland Golf CBX 2 Wedge
- Hollow-cavity design - Additional weight distributed to the perimeter offers more forgiveness at impact.
- Dynamic sole - Three different sole Grinds deliver more versatility to execute any shot on the course.
- Amazing feel - enhanced feel balancing technology along with a insert reduces vibration for a pure feel at impact.
- Rote face - fourth generation rote face Technology delivers our sharpest Tour zip grooves and most aggressive face milling for maximum spin and short game control.
It also allows beginners and intermediate golfers room to improve by increasing in stiffness as their golf swing speed increases.
The loft options vary from 46 to 60 degrees. This refers to the angle of the face of the club relative to the shaft. The more loft a wedge has, the higher trajectory of the ball it hits.
A gap wedge has 50 to 55 degrees, making it useful for both pitching and chipping around the green.
This allows for an easy-to-control swing that provides enough height for the ball to land accurately.
The loft on a gap wedge makes it a great tool for playing both pitch and chip shots.
A sand wedge is lofted around 54 to 58 degrees and works best for bunker play due to the high bounce.
Sand wedges are also shorter than other clubs, which helps to put a spin on the ball.
The lob wedge has the most loft at 60 degrees and is best for throwing the ball up very high from short distances. The most popular lofts for wedges are 56 degrees and 60 degrees.
Bounce is the angle of difference between the trailing edge of the sole in relation to the leading edge.
This variation can be anywhere between 4 to 14 degrees. The higher angle translates to more bounce which means the head digs less when you strike the ball.
Low bounce is good for compact surfaces like short grass or hard-packed sand, while high bounce is better for loose conditions such as long grass or fluffy sand. This wedge features a standard mid-range bounce.
Grooves are the linear dents along the face of the club.
These grooves give the wedge texture and create friction which impacts the spin on the ball. The more friction that is created when the ball contacts the clubface, the more chance for a spin.
The most common groove shapes in compliance with USGA rules are the V shape and U or square shape.
The Cleveland Golf 588 Tour Action Wedge has precision-milled grooves that deliver a soft feel and control.
Additional Features Include:
- Tour-trusted sole design with a standard bounce to allow for consistency and smooth turf interaction
- Clubhead constructed of 4-31 Stainless Steel to create a blend of crisp feel and durability
- Charcoal gray clubhead finish reduces glare and provides a clean, unique style
- Lamkin Action Feel Grip
Cleveland CBX 2 Wedge Review:- Comparison
There are other wedges similar to the Cleveland CBX 2 Wedge such as the Callaway Men’s Mack Daddy 3 Black S-Grind, and the Mizuno MP Series wedges. All three are great wedges for beginners through intermediate players because of their control and forgiveness.
The Callaway Men’s Mack Daddy 3 Black S-Grind wedges can be fit to meet your short game yardage requirements, swing style, and different course conditions.
They have a classic chrome finish designed to reduce glare that is similar to the finish of the Cleveland Golf Tour Action Wedge.
The Callaway Men’s Mack Daddy 3 Black S-Grind are versatile short game tools. Mizuno’s MP Series wedges are made from 1025 Select Mild Carbon Steel and offer a solid, soft, and consistent feel.
They have a U-groove system that creates a controlled spin.
This is combined with a responsive sole design to reduce turf drag. All three of these wedges offer versatility at an affordable price.
Cleveland Golf CBX 2 Wedge Review:- Pros & Cons
- Versatile enough to hit a large variety of shots
- Great for beginners to improve short game
- Easy to hit in various conditions from sand to turf
- Very forgiving with superior control and accuracy
- Well balanced for bunker shots and tough lies
- Lack of bounce
- Tacky grip
Cleveland CBX 2 Wedge Review:- Verdict
For under a hundred dollars, the Cleveland CBX 2 wedge is a good versatile wedge to add to your lineup of clubs.
It is accurate, dependable, and easy to hit. With its clean lines and charcoal finish, it looks as good as it plays.
As a good wedge for beginners, it’s versatile for all situations, turf conditions, and shot styles. The thin leading edge assures an accurate shot from the fluffiest sand to the stiffest turf.
This wedge will improve your game as you hit all the shots you need around the green.