Best Sunglasses for Golf Review:-
Although there is no real stake in who shoots a better round, your playing partner has beaten you the last three times you’ve played.
To your benefit, your playing partner shot is away…they step up to the putt, and drain it, which forces you to have to make this putt to win.
For most of the round, the sun has been behind the clouds, making this a very enjoyable round.
However, now that you need to sink this putt, the sun comes out and attempts to blind you; and you are not wearing any sunglasses.
This putt will be very difficult to make with your eyes being squinted.
To ensure you don’t find yourself in this kind of situation, it is always wise to have a pair of sunglasses with you.
Even if you do not wear them consistently, there will be times where you are out on the golf course, and it’d be nice to have something shielding your eyes from the rays of the sun.
Not only this but the way some golf courses are laid out, it is difficult to always gauge the yardage of the green as it is either surrounded by trees or has nothing but a blue sky canvas behind it.
Because of the various ways, golf courses are set up, the course could play very differently if you play it in the morning versus the afternoon or evening.
Having a pair of sunglasses will help ensure you are ready for any scenario and help drive you to a lower score.
Within this best golf sunglasses buying guide, we’ll go over the various options out in the marketplace when it comes to golf sunglasses.
After that, we’ll offer you our top 10 Best Sunglasses for Golf out in the marketplace, along with showing you our #1 choice.
Then, we’ll help you narrow down the choices for your own eyes, so you can determine which ones are best for you.
With all of this to get to, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- JiMarti TR15 Falcon Sunglasses for Golf, Fishing, Cycling-Unbreakable (Silver & Low Light Blue)
- Maxx Domain High Definition Sunglasses
- Under Armour Igniter Sunglasses, Shiny White / Gray Blue Multiflection Lens, 60 mm
- Tifosi Jet FC 1140402770 Wrap Sunglasses, Metallic Red, 70 mm
- Recommended Products
- Oakley Men's OO9295 Flak 2.0 Rectangular Sunglasses, Polished Black/Black Iridium Polarized, 59 mm
- Suncloud Cover Polarized Reader Sunglasses
- DUCO Mens Sports Polarized Sunglasses UV Protection Sunglasses for Men 8177s(Black Frame Gray Lens)
- Bolle Bolt Sunglasses, Photo V3 Golf AF, Shiny Black
- JiMarti JM01 Sunglasses for Golf, Fishing, Cycling-Unbreakable-TR90 (Grey & Blue)
- Duduma Polarized Designer Fashion Sports Sunglasses for Baseball Cycling Fishing Golf Tr62 Superlight Frame (White/blue)
- Best Sunglasses for Golf Buyer’s Guide
- Amazon Top Rated Sunglasses for Golf in 2020
- How to Choose the Best Sunglasses for Golf
Best Sunglasses for Golf Review List 2020
Check out our top 10 list for best golf sunglasses. We reviewed each pair on our list and rated it for quality.
JiMarti TR15 Falcon Sunglasses for Golf, Fishing, Cycling-Unbreakable (Silver & Low Light Blue)
- Low Light Ice Blue Flash Lens. Unbreakable, Bendable, Super light weight TR90 memory Frame
- Polycarbonate Shatterproof Reflector Flash lens
- Flattering lines & design features
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Lifetime Breakage Warranty
This model of sunglasses, which comes in seven different colors of frames and lenses, has a polycarbonate lens which makes this pair of glasses lightweight yet durable.
These sunglasses are non-polarized and have a fully UV protection coating.
- Frames come in Black, Gray, and Silver
- Lenses come in Orange, Green, Blue, and Black
- Wide lenses which help protect your eyes from all angles
- Polycarbonate material means they are lightweight and durable
- Won’t protect your eyes from all UV rays
- Not Polarized
Maxx Domain High Definition Sunglasses
- 100% UVA & UVB Protection keeps your eyes safe from the sun.
- Shatterproof Polycarbonate Lenses Meet or Exceed ANSI Z87.1 Standards.
- Half-framed design for light weight.
- Contoured fit keeps out wind, dust, and other debris.
- Durable, flexible, and lightweight TR-90 polymer frame
These sunglasses are made out of plastic material and come in four different colors.
These lenses will wrap around your eyes, which will offer protection from all angles for your eyes.
The High Definition lenses will give you extra clarity, on both close and far away targets.
- Four different frame colors, including red, blue, black and white
- Comes with Anti-Glare protection
- High Definition allows you to see with a higher clarity
- Lenses are made out of Plastic
- Not water-resistant or shatterproof
Under Armour Igniter Sunglasses, Shiny White / Gray Blue Multiflection Lens, 60 mm
- ArmourSight lenses are engineered for superior optical clarity and impact resistance
- Ultralight ArmourFusion frames are built for maximum strength and durability
- Co-molded rubber nose pad and temple arms for a no-slip comfortable fit
- Defends against 100% of harmful UVA/B/C rays
Available in two different frame colors and three lens colors, these are non-polarized sunglasses.
The lenses are made out of polycarbonate material, meaning t they are lightweight and shatterproof.
The frame is comprised of a titanium grilamid material.
- Comes in a Black or White Frame
- Lenses are in Black, Orange, and Blue
- Has UV protection for all UV rays
- Wrap-around frames
- No extra Coatings added
Tifosi Jet FC 1140402770 Wrap Sunglasses, Metallic Red, 70 mm
- Made of grilamid tr-90, a homopolyamide nylon characterized by an extremely high alternative bending strength, low density, and high resistance to chemical and ultra violet damage hydrophilic rubber ear and nose pieces for a no-slip fit
- Smoke perfect for cycling, running, and active sports when the sun is high and the sky is a deep blue the neutral tint of smoke lenses prevent color distortion
- Includes a hard shell zippered case and microfiber cleaning bag
- Case Included
Available in four different frame colors, as well as five different lens colors, these sunglasses from Tifosi have a Nylon frame.
The lenses are made from polycarbonate material, which means they are water-resistant and durable.
These sunglasses come with 100% UV coating.
- Frame colors include Black, White, Silver, and Red
- Lenses are available in Black, Blue, Red, Green, and Orange
- Polycarbonate Lens
- Wrap-Around design
- Nylon Frame is less durable compared to other materials
Oakley Men's OO9295 Flak 2.0 Rectangular Sunglasses, Polished Black/Black Iridium Polarized, 59 mm
- Oakley Plutonite Lenses offer 100% UV Protection filtering of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400mm. Oakley's lightweight Plutonite lens material offers superior comfort, clarity & protection against impact and ultraviolet radiation.
- Patented High Definition Optics (HDO) provides superior optical clarity and razor-sharp vision at every angle.
- O Matter stress-resistant frame is lightweight & durable for all-day comfort & protection. Oakley's injection molded thermoplastic O-Matter frame provides improved strength & flexibility over traditional acetate & is built to withstand shifting or deforming over time.
- Unobtanium earsocks and nose pads for increased comfort and performance. Pads increase grip with perspiration to help provide a secure and custom fit.
- Soft vault sunglass case and Microbag included to clean and protect your Oakley sunglasses.
Available in a large assortment of frame and lens color combinations, these sunglasses have a plastic frame as well as a plastic lens.
They do come with 100% UV protection coating and are non-polarized.
- Available in a large selection of colors to best meet your needs
- Comes with 100% UV coating
- Nose grip is secure and comfortable
- Plastic frame and lens could easily break
- Doesn’t protect from all UV rays
Suncloud Cover Polarized Reader Sunglasses
- Polarized Polycarbonate Injection Molded Lenses
- 8 Base lens curvature
- Powers Available: +1. 50, +2. 00, +2. 50
- Microfiber Cleaning/Storage Bag
These sunglasses come in four different colors with four different lens colors.
The frames are constructed out of an aluminum and magnesium alloy, which makes them practically unbreakable.
These sunglasses offer UV protection on these polycarbonate material lenses.
- Frames come in White, Gray, Black, and Red
- Lenses come in Blue, Red, Black, and Gray
- The UV protection is for all types of UV rays
- Unbreakable metal frame
- Wraparound design
- No other coatings come with the lenses
DUCO Mens Sports Polarized Sunglasses UV Protection Sunglasses for Men 8177s(Black Frame Gray Lens)
- 【TAC Polarized Lens】 UV400 Protection Coating blocks 100% of harmful UVA & UVB rays. Visually restores true color, eliminates reflected or scattered light. TAC polarized triacetate lenses are impact and scratch resistant, lightweight and durable! See the related video shorts under Product Description of a lens being hit with a hammer!
- 【Al-Mg Metal Alloy Frame】 Lightweight AL-MG alloy design is ideal for cycling, driving, running, fishing, racing, skiing, climbing, and all outdoor activities enthusiasts. At only 25g, you can hardly feel them on your face.
- 【Product Dimensions】 Lens Height: 40MM(1.57 inches)--Lens Width: 64MM(2.51 inches)--Temple Length: 135 MM(5.31 inches)--Nose Bridge: 16MM(0.62 inches)--Frame Length: 144MM (5.67 inches)
- 【COMPLETE ACCESSORIES AND PREMIUM PACKAGE】 Include Glasses Case with Carabiner, Gift Box, Microfiber Pouch, Microfiber Cleaning Cloth and Polarization Test Card; It is also gift packaged ready, making it a wonderful yet practical gift idea for friends and family.
- 【Risk Free After-Sale Service】 All DUCO customers enjoy our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and Lifetime Breakage Warranty; Return for a full refund if not satisfied for any reason; Even if you somehow manage to break these glasses, simply contact DUCO glasses. Just contact seller by clicking below on our name and then click the 'ask a question' button.
Available in six different frame colors and five different lens colors, these sunglasses have a plastic material for both their frames and their lenses.
These sunglasses are polarized and have UV protection for normal UV, UV-A, and UV-B rays.
- Frames are in Black, White, Green, Yellow, Black, and Red
- Lenses come in Red, Black, Yellow, and Blue
- Protects your eyes from most UV rays
- Plastic material is less durable than others in the marketplace
- No other extra coatings come standard on lenses
Bolle Bolt Sunglasses, Photo V3 Golf AF, Shiny Black
Too low to display
- Anti-slip nose piece
- Adjustable nose pads
- Wrapped frame and temples
- Flash mirror Coating
- Anti-fog Coating
These sunglasses come with a black frame but have nine different lens colors to choose from.
Both the frames and lenses are made from a plastic material and come standard with an adjustable nose pad and an anti-slip piece for your nose.
- Comfortable nose pads
- The nose piece is anti-slip
- Comes with an anti-fog coating
- Wrap-Around design
- Made from a non-durable plastic material
- Doesn’t protect your eyes from all UV rays
JiMarti JM01 Sunglasses for Golf, Fishing, Cycling-Unbreakable-TR90 (Grey & Blue)
- Unbreakable, Bendable, Super light weight TR90 memory Frame
- Polycarbonate Shatterproof Reflector Flash lens
- Active fit for active people. Soft Rubber Nose & ear Pieces for all day comfort
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Lifetime Breakage Warranty on Frame and Lens
Available in four different frame colors, as well as five different lens colors, these frames are made out of TR90 material.
The lenses have a polycarbonate material, which makes them shatterproof and lightweight.
These sunglasses come with UV protection.
- Frame colors are Silver, Gunmetal, Black and Blue
- Frames are available in Black, Orange, Green, Blue, and Smoke
- Helps protect your eyes from almost all UV rays
- Wrap-around design
- Doesn’t come with a case
- No other coatings come standard on lenses
Duduma Polarized Designer Fashion Sports Sunglasses for Baseball Cycling Fishing Golf Tr62 Superlight Frame (White/blue)
- TAC POLARIZED LENS- 100% UV400 protection coating, blocks 100% harmful UVA & UVB Rays. Restore true color, eliminate reflected light and scattered light and protect eyes perfectly. TAC lens includes 7 layers. The 1st layer is polarization layer. The 2nd and 3rd layers are bonding layers to enable durability. The 4th and 5th layers are UV protection layers to absorb UV light. The 6th and 7th layers are shatterproof layers.
- PRODUCTS DIMENSION- Lens height:40 mm (1.57 inches); lens width:66mm (2.59 inches); leg length:140mm(5.51 inches); nose bridge:12-30 mm (0.47-1.18 inches); frame length: 140mm (5.51 inches).
- GOOD LOOK, SUPERLIGHT, STYLISH, DURABLE AND CLEAR- Flattering lines & design features create aesthetically pleasing appearance. Lightweight design is ideal for motorcycle and cycling bicycle, driving, running, fishing, racing, skiing, climbing, trekking or other outdoor activities. Fashion and stylish design, with rich color combinations of frames and lens. Polycarbonate lens and frames are impact, scratch resistant and durable. Rimless jacket frame design enables clear lower vision field.
Available in five different frame colors, along with four different lens colors, these polarized sunglasses will help protect yours from most UV rays.
Made out of polycarbonate lenses, this makes them water-resistant and shatterproof.
- Frames are available in Black, White, Red, Silver, and Grey
- Lenses come in Black, Blue, Red, and Yellow
- Polycarbonate material offers protection from all UV rays except UV-C
- Lightweight and Durable
- No other coatings come standard on lenses
- Comes with a pouch, rather than a case
Best Sunglasses for Golf Buyer’s Guide
When it comes to picking out the best golf sunglasses, you might think that a regular pair of sunglasses will easily do the trick, and you shouldn’t need a separate pair of glasses.
Although this makes logical sense, this is not necessarily true.
Most regular sunglasses out in the market are good for everyday wear and will help your eyes stay protected.
However, on the golf course, you are dealing with more precise needs when it comes to sunglasses, as you need to ensure you can see the green, as well as the golf ball.
If your eyes even squint just a little bit, it could severely alter your shot; this will lead you to have a worse score than necessary.
In addition to all of this, the materials of the sunglasses for Golf are intended to ensure they perform in all kinds of weather conditions, allowing you to stay confident with what your eyes are showing you before, during and after each shot.
With this in mind, sunglasses do have a variety of ways they are made, and here are some of the main differences.
As with any kind of material you purchase, there is a large assortment and range of quality within the lenses of each pair of sunglasses.
Even if you are staring at two pairs of sunglasses that have the same look, the same feel and seem to weigh the same, there could be a drastic difference in the quality of the lens.
The main difference comes in what kind of material the lens is made from, and what kind of UV protection that lens offers your eyes.
The lowest quality of the lens you should consider is one which is made out of plastic material.
Plastic material is made from low-grade material, and they are not typically shatterproof or even scratch-resistant.
There is no natural UV inhibitor within plastic lenses, which means that some manufacturers add a UV coating to the lens.
Although this sounds good in theory, the coating can cause a film to develop along the outside of the lens in certain weather conditions, which could hinder your shot at the most inopportune time.
If you are just looking for a low-grade inexpensive pair of sunglasses to help you out on an occasional basis, then ones with a plastic lens could be the right fit for you.
The middle grade of lenses, and the ones which are most popular within the overall marketplace, are comprised of a Polycarbonate material.
Polycarbonate is thinner and lighter when compared to plastic, but can provide you with durability which also is shatterproof and impact resistant.
In addition to these properties, the lenses have a UV inhibitor within them naturally, so your eyes will be protected from these harmful rays and the glasses won’t develop a film on them.
There are four different types of UV rays, so you will need to look to see which kind of UV rays these glasses will protect your eyes from, as this might be a determining factor in which pair of sunglasses you purchase.
The highest grade of lenses within the marketplace currently is a High-Index lens.
You will notice a trend here, as these lenses are even thinner and lighter than the polycarbonate lenses we just discussed, meaning they won’t hurt your nose or ears from being weighed down.
They also come with a natural UV inhibitor material, allowing your eyes to stay protected no matter the outside conditions.
Lens Shape and Coating
The shape of the lens will give the pair of sunglasses the form of how the frames will look both on the shelf, as well as how they will contour on your face.
Some lenses are oval, and will just protect the front of your eyes.
Others will have lenses in an oblong shape, which attempt to offer some protection from the sides.
Then you will see lenses that are shaped in a way that fully protects your eyes from all angles.
Depending upon what you need are, and what you feel most comfortable with, there is certain to be a lens shape which will best suit your needs and personality.
No matter the shape of the lens that you choose, various kinds of coatings can be found on the lenses.
As stated before, there are four different types of UV rays – UV, UV-A, UV-B, and UV-C.
Some lenses come with natural inhibitors for one or any of these types of UV rays, and other lenses do not have any protection at all.
You can have a coating added to your lenses, which allows you to find the right pair of sunglasses while still keeping your eyes protected in the ways you desire.
In addition to UV protection, some lenses come with a coating to help protect them from any damage which rain might cause, which is called Hydrophobic coating.
This kind of coating is especially good for any screws which might be exposed on the glasses, to ensure they do not corrode or rust out from being exposed to water.
To help protect your glasses from keeping any condensation on them, you can add some fog-proof coating, in case you play golf early in the mornings and the dew along the fairways can cause your glasses to fog up.
Lastly, even though sunglasses naturally protect your eyes from the sun, there are some days where the sun is so bright that there is a glare, even with glasses on.
You can add an extra amount of anti-glare protection to any set of lenses, which will ensure that your eyes will not squint even in the brightest of conditions.
Frame and Lens Colors – The frames of any sunglasses usually come in a large assortment of colors for you to choose from.
Although the most standard colors are black, blue and white, you will see there are lenses available in even non-standard colors, like neon yellow, purple and brown.
The color of the frames does not affect your golf game in any way, so you can completely go with the style and color which fully matches your personality.
With the lenses, however, there is a good reason to go with one color over another.
You will see there is a good variety of colors of lenses to choose from, including black, blue, yellow, orange and even dark gray.
If you feel that you need help with depth perception when you are out on the golf course, then you should go with a darker colored lens.
These dark-colored lenses not only help with depth perception but will enhance the other colors you will encounter out on the golf course.
If you have color blindness which is centered around blue and green, then having a yellow-colored lens is ideal for you, so you can easily see the difference between the green and any water which might be surrounding it.
An orange-colored lens is a great mixture between the yellow and the dark-colored lens and gives you a very neutral sightline.
Amazon Top Rated Sunglasses for Golf in 2020
|1||Hulislem Blade Sport Polarized Sunglasses...||No ratings yet|
|2||Under Armour Men's Core 2.0 Sunglasses White /...||No ratings yet|
|3||Polarized UV400 Sport Sunglasses Anti-Fog Ideal...||No ratings yet|
|4||TOREGE Polarized Sports Sunglasses with 3...||No ratings yet|
|5||RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses Driving Glasses...||No ratings yet|
How to Choose the Best Sunglasses for Golf
When it comes to choosing the best golf sunglasses for you and the needs of your eyes, you have an enormous amount of choices within the marketplace.
Here are a few factors to choose between when narrowing down your choice to find the right pair for your eyes.
A plastic lens will suffice when you do not need to wear your sunglasses very often.
Although they are not shatterproof or scratch resistant, along a golf course there should not be too many times where eyes would be in danger of something getting near them.
These types of lenses don’t normally have a UV filter on them, but that coating can be added.
Overall, these are very inexpensive glasses and offer your eyes some sort of protection from the rays of the syn.
Polycarbonate lenses are both thinner and lighter compared to a plastic lens, which means your nose and ears will be more comfortable from not being weighed down as much.
There is also a natural UV inhibitor within these lenses, although that typically only protects from the normal UV rays and not the other three kinds of UV rays.
Other coatings can be added to enhance these lenses. The price point on these lenses is higher than plastic but is still not exorbitant.
The highest quality of lenses is the High-Index lenses. They are similar to the Polycarbonate, but are even lighter and thinner in comparison, and offer even more protection from scratches and are more shatterproof.
The vividness of the colors is more pronounced, which will help your eyes adjust even more to the surroundings of the nature around them.
These lenses do cost the most but are the most durable and longest-lasting of the three types of lenses.
Lens and Frame Shape
When it comes to the shape of the lenses on your glasses, you have to go with a shape that is most comfortable for your face.
The frames are fully determined from the shape of the lenses, so if the frames do not feel comfortable along with your ears or nose, then you need to find the right combination of lens shape and comfortability of the frames.
Within golf, you shouldn’t need lenses that provide 100% protection from all angles, but they are available; once again, it all comes down to what you are comfortable with.
Just know there are all kinds of options available, and you do not have to settle for a pair of sunglasses you don’t like.
You won’t know all of this until you go into a store and start trying some out, possibly even taking some swing with the glasses on to see how closely they stay on your head during your swing; you don’t need a distraction of wiggling glasses while you are swinging.
There is a wide assortment of coatings you can choose from to apply to your sunglasses:
- UV Protection
- Fog Protection
You have to figure out what kind of conditions do you normally play in, and do you need to have any of these coatings added onto your glasses to help deliver the best performance possible within each round.
Frame and Lens Color
Concerning the color of your frames, within the game of golf, the color of the frames does not have any effect on your game, so you can choose a style and color which best compliments your personality.
Concerning the color of the lenses, you have to know what effects your eyes the most. Do you have blue and green colorblindness?
If so, then you should go with a Yellow lens.
Do you want something which helps protect your eyes from squinting as much as possible?
Then picking out a darker colored lens is best. If you want glasses that help protect your eyes but still allows you to see everything vibrantly, then you can go with the orange-colored lenses.
There is a colored lens out in the market which is best for you to help give you the best chance to succeed within each round of golf you play.
Best Sunglasses for Golf Review:- Conclusion
As you stare down the putt on the 18th hole which would give you the win, you kindly ask your playing partner if you can borrow their sunglasses.
When they give them to you to wear for that putt, you notice how much easier it is to see the breaks within the green, which will allow you sink the putt with calm and cool composure.
You now see what you have been missing out on by not having a pair of sunglasses with you on the golf course.
Although they are not a necessary component, they can be a very useful tool for you to have.
One of the most important senses you need on the golf course is your eyesight, and so you need to do everything you can to help protect your eyes, and ensure they do not squint that much while on the golf course.
A pair of golf sunglasses can help you achieve this.
We look forward to hearing from you on which pair you chose, and about how they helped you shoot a great round, no matter the weather conditions outside.