Best Golf Rangefinder Under $100 & Buying Guide
Golf is a game with rich historical background and golfers have been playing this game without any technical assistance for years.
So why is there a need to use rangefinders? Today golfers are utilizing golf rangefinders to give improved planned shots with more confidence.
This technology has revolutionized the golf-playing game in a short span of some years.
In the past, some methods used scorecards, path marking, sprinkler head, and other such ways for range finding. But these methods didn’t prove effective and they failed to give accurate results.
The golf rangefinders enable you to be a better player and with the help of these devices, you can give more accurate shots with a careful selection of clubs and courses.
These devices help you in measuring accurate distances and finding precise pin locations. The golf rangefinder reviews suggest that they have now become a necessary tool for golfers even if they are expert-level players.
Table of Contents
- What is Golf Rangefinder?
- Best Golf Rangefinder Under $100 in 2021
- 1. WOSPORTS Golf Rangefinder with slope
- Top Golf Rangefinder with Slope Under 100
- 2. Gogogo Sport Vpro Golf Laser Rangefinder
- Cheap Laser Rangefinder for Golf/Hunting
- 3. TIDEWE Golf Rangefinder with Slope & Magnetic Holde
- Best Golf rangefinder under 100 with slope and magnetic strap
- 4. Bozily Golf Rangefinder with Slope
- Rechargeable Golf Rangefinder with slope under 100
- 5. AOFAR Golf Hunting Rangefinder
- Golf/Hunting rangefinder with slope under 100
- Types of Golf Rangefinders
- 8 simple tips on choosing the Best Golf Rangefinder
What is Golf Rangefinder?
Being a golf player or viewer, you may have seen many golfers using some device called a golf rangefinder.
So what exactly is this device is and why it is used while playing golf? Does this device lower your golf playing scores? These are some questions that may have been raised in your mind while watching golfers play with the aid of this device.
A rangefinder is a device used to determine the exact distance to any object on the golf course. Whether you wish to measure the distance to a flag pin or wish to avoid any bunkers, trees, this device would be helpful in all these aspects and much more.
Measuring distance is a difficult task for all golfers and it makes the game time-consuming. Most of the golf courses provide maps but these maps include only basic information.
However, a golf range finding device accurately measures these distances for you. Some of the best golf rangefinders are capable of measuring distance up to 1500 yards.
They include magnification, slope calculation, and many other advanced features that make them real support for golfers.
If you are playing golf at home or at a country club about which you have all the local information, you may not find the need of having this device.
But if you visit different courses and play there then this may be the best way to play more confidently and efficiently.
Best Golf Rangefinder Under $100 in 2021
There are varied ranges and types of golf rangefinders available. In this article, we have highlighted the best golf rangefinders that are available to give the most accurate distance measurements for golf players.
Top Golf Rangefinder with Slope Under 100
- TOURNAMENT LEGAL GOLF RANGEFINDER: Slope On/Off function. M2 mode is NO Slope, M3 mode with Slope, The physical slope on/off is for tournament legal, our range finder makes it user friendly and helps you select the correct golf club.
- 800 YARDS HIGH ACCURACY RANGE FINDER: This laser rangefinder can measurement 5 to 800 yards and 250 yards to a flag lock. Provides fast measurement, It is accurate to one yard, is water-resistant and delivers a short vibration when you shoot the target.
- FAST FOCUS: The H-100AG Golf Range Finder It provides the true measurement accurate. even has diopter adjustment functionality to provide a clear view. Whether you're near or farsighted, you'll be able to see the object you're measuring clearly and find its distance using our fast-measuring technology.
- METER AND YARDS SWITCHING: Please long press "MODE" button for more than 3 seconds to change the unit of length, M or Yard.
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: The rangefinder is updated with an Innovative battery cover design, battery cover and range finder are inseparable. Don't worry about missing battery cover
The WOSPORTS Golf Rangefinder is an easy-to-use device with lots of useful features. You can play tournaments without any issue and its accuracy is comparable to Bushnell and Leopold etc brands.
It is just as accurate as those premium golf rangefinders for a fraction of the price.
It gives you an accurate measurement of range for 5 to 800 yards with plus/minus yard accuracy and 250 yards to a flag lock with the use of PinSeeker technology.
This golf rangefinder quickly locks onto the flag without any issue. It has a pulse vibration mechanism so it will vibrate whenever it locks onto the flag.
Using this rangefinder you can also calculate the slope to find out the exact distance. it’s consistent with the readings.
The product has a 6x magnification with an eye diopter for an easy focus. The golf rangefinder comes with a CR2 battery along with a protective carrying case, a user manual, and a strap.
You can use its slope feature while practicing, this rangefinder will improve your game by allowing you to choose the right clubs based on actual distance.
You can disable the slope feature to be legally used in tournaments.
- Easy To operate
- Jolt with Pin seeker
- Slope measurement
- 6x magnification
- Normal Quality Soft Case
This is a great golf rangefinder, with its decent build quality it should last for years to come. This golf rangefinder is recommended for someone who golfs regularly and doesn’t want to spend a lot of money on a rangefinder again.
This is a lot cheaper than Bushnell and Leopard etc golf rangefinders but still performs almost the same. Fits well in the hand and the lanyard makes it safe to use almost everywhere.
Cheap Laser Rangefinder for Golf/Hunting
- WIDE DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS for THIS SPECIAL TIME - Except an outstanding rangefinder for avid golfer, newbie golfer and hunting enthusiast like usual, and now it's also an excellent choice for home yard outdoor little game toy under this special timing. 6x Clear magnification makes it could be used for single-tube binoculars for kids. Great accuracy, multiple and interesting functions let this rangefinder more valuable than ever.
- GOLF/HUNTING RANGEFINDER - Come with 3 Modes, Normally Scan Mode, this mode can be used to range measurement of all items within the scope of application(5-650 Yard). Golf Mode, this mode design for golf sports specifically, pin-seek(150 Yard),flag-lock(300 Yard), JOLT Technology, Slope Distance Correction. Speed Modes, Measuring Range of Speed: 20-300km/h, this mode ideal for the hunting or other outdoor sports.
- EXCELLENT GOLF MODE - This newest GS03 Golf Rangefinder equipped with the most advanced golf rangefinder technology. Pin-seeking and flag-lock tech let you know the exact distance to swing. And when you lock to the target, pin, flag or anything else, the JOLT tech would vibrate to remind you, and the data will appear in front of your eyes.clearly. At least but not last, the very helpful Slope Distance Correction function, the SDC function would help you swing in the right distance.
- EASY TO USE - Fast and accurate measurement with 1 yard accuracy, one button meter and yard switching, on button mode switching. Only 184g nets weight, and portable small mini size: 106 x 40 x 71mm(L x W x H), very convenient to carry with strap and after-use storage with small waterproof pouch. Come with full packing: pouch, strap, clean cloth, operation manual.
- 100% RELIABLE AFTER-SERVICE - provides outstanding pre/after customer service, contact us if you got any questions, we will reply to you within 24 hours.As a brand seller, we’re full of confidence in our products, also we provide a one-year warranty.
The Gogogo Sport Vpro Laser Rangefinder has advanced PinSeeker technology that captures targets without taking into account other background objects.
This device is also capable of continuous measurements on scan mode.
This lightweight compact golf laser rangefinder could accurately lock onto flags for more than 300 yards. The range of this device ranges goes up to 650 yards with a reflective surface.
This device has both jolt and slope technology.
It has 6x magnifications along with an easy focus diopter for clean focus. The rangefinder comes with a secure waterproof carrying case that serves as protection against knocking down or in bad weather conditions.
The rangefinder is powered by a 3-volt CR2 battery. It gives you readings in meters and yards.
The device is easy to handle and operates with the push of a button. It can be used legally in tournaments. The Gogogo Sport Vpro Laser Rangefinder is backed by a 2 years warranty.
- Long range
- 6x Magnification
- Slope measurement
- Waterproof Case
This is a great golf rangefinder for under $100, with its 6X magnification and with focus adjustable, the view of the field is bright and clear, and sharp.
It is lightweight and easy to carry. It is pretty accurate and a lot cheaper than most of the other rangefinders on the market. There are several modes along with slope and non-slope mode.
Best Golf rangefinder under 100 with slope and magnetic strap
- 【Integrated Functions】TideWe’s golf rangefinder integrates latest functions such as straight-line distance, flag-pole locking, golf trajectory, speed, horizontal/vertical distance. The Race Mode is designed for tournament golfers, which owns the same function of flag-pole locking but without the height and angle.
- 【Fast Accurate Reading】Our rangefinder is a premium product with advanced technology that accurately ranges from 3 to 1000 yards. It provides fast measurements within +/- 1 yard. Measuring speed is <0.5s, and helps you make sure you don‘t miss your targets.
- 【Easy to Use】You simply point at the target, push a button, and you get almost instantaneous precision range data on an easy-to-read LCD display. Short press MODE button to select different modes. Long press power button to “SETTING”, you can turn on/off “Race Mode” by quickly pressing the power button. You can Adjust the sight according to “+” and “-” on the adjust focus knob.
- 【Compact & Lightweight】Specs (Dimensions) are 4.12” x 2.61” x 1.50”. The weight is only 0.35lb, which makes the rangefinder compact and portable while out on the course. With ergonomic design, you can handle it comfortably. Our rangefinder is perfect for golf or hunting.
- 【User-Friendly】Equipped with 750MAH rechargeable Li-ion battery, it can measure 20000 times after a full charge. It is built with clear LCD display, which can help you get clear image even in low light conditions. The included magnetic strap and lanyard make the Rangefinder easy to keep handy or hold on golf cart.
This slope version of TIDEWE Golf Rangefinder is designed with advanced pin-seeking technology, along with pulse vibration to give you the most accurate result while locating flagsticks.
It is designed to lock on to the flag as quickly as possible even if there are multiple objects in the background. This rangefinder is very compact and lightweight with good quality.
This device is capable of giving precise readings from 3-1000 yards with plus/minus one-yard accuracy.
It gives you a 6x magnification with a ± 7 Degree field of view. The device is a single operative handled device that operates with a single push of a button.
This rangefinder gives you continuously updated distance on LCD while operated on Scan Mode.
As you move through the course, distance reading will continuously update. It is compact and lightweight user-friendly which makes it easy to carry and handle.
The device comes with a premium carrying case and a magnetic strap to attach it to a golf cart easily and is powered with a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion 750mAh. TIDEWE offers one year warranty for this device.
The device is legal to be used in golf tournaments.
- Pulse Vibration
- Quickly locks on to flag
- 1 years warranty
- Rechargeable battery
- 6x magnification
- Slope calculations
- Randoms issues with distances
TIDEWE is compact and lightweight to carry with accurate readings. It comes with a 1-year warranty and with a rechargeable battery.
If you are looking for a slope version rangefinder along with tournament-legal then you should surely consider it. I am sure, you will love how simple and easy it is to use.
Rechargeable Golf Rangefinder with slope under 100
- 【Excellent Golf Rangefinder】High-definition camera, 6X Magnification, 7 degree field angle, distance range 5-1200 yds, Max 250+yds to flag. Class 1, 905nm laser type. Convenient USB Charging, A micro USB cable (included) could be charged from any regular charging port, including most electronics, no need replacing battery.
- 【2 Scan Modes】 Mode 1(Continuous Scan) is tournament legal; Mode 2(slope distance + angle + flag-lock + vibration tech) is perfect for daily training; Our laser rangefinder adopts advanced distance, angle slope tech, accurate and fast, suitable for hunting, racing, bird watching, shooting, climbing, engineering measurem etc.
- 【Design】Dimension: 107*74*42mm, portable size, ergonomic design and normally water-resistant. Unit of measure are meter and yard, long press of the mode button can change over. Class 1, 905nm laser, average power output <0.4mW. Complete rangefinder set(Photos View), including 1x rangefinder, 1x carrying case, 1x USB cable, 1x Carabiner, 1x lanyard, 1x cleaning cloth and 1x manual.
- 【Accuracy】Accurate out to 1200 yards, Digitally enhanced accuracy. Personally testing this device on my roof, i can see the buildings clearly beyond 1200 yds, but there is no data displayed; When it is 1200 or within 1200 yards, fast and clear data show up on the lens LCD. This one is excellent for golf play, hunting, engineering measurements and outdoor activities, if you need a 1200-yard and USB charging laser rangefinder.
- 【Technical Support】Return policy in 30 days via amazon. 24-hour reply, 12 month warranty for any product defect and customer dissatisfaction via seller, technical support (please make sure of original complete parts return). If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us with your order number and questions.
The Bozily Golf Rangefinder with Slope has all the features similar to the TIDEWE rangefinder described above and comes with a slope measurement feature.
This device uses PinSeeker and Pulse vibration technology that gives you precise readings along with a vibration to confirm the accuracy of the target triggered.
The ranging performance of this laser rangefinder is from 5 to 1200 yards and over 250 yards to flag with accuracy from plus/minus one yard.
The highlighted feature of this device is that it is appointed with Slope technology that enables compensated calculation of slope/inclined distances and gives you approximate yardage of slope degree.
This device is also designed to be ergonomic friendly and is thus easy to handle/operate.
On Scan Mode, this device continuously updates distance readings as you move along the course from one place to another.
The company offers One year warranty for this device. The product is powered by a rechargeable battery. It comes with a waterproof carrying case.
The Bozily golf rangefinder also can be operated single-handed and has a 6x magnification.
It has a slope switch technology to make it legal to be used in tournaments.
- 1200 yards
- Very accurate
- Slope switch technology
- 6x magnification
- No dedicated Switch for Slope
This golf rangefinder slope feature and distance accuracy are great! it’s a quality product for the money. This rangefinder is very lightweight to hold and carry.
Its rechargeable battery can hold the charge for months.
Golf/Hunting rangefinder with slope under 100
- 【GOLF RANGEFINDER】: [email protected] new AI pin-technology rangefinder with±0.5yd accuracy. Range for flag is 5/285yds. Range for tree is 5/415yds. Range for reflective is 5/600yds
- 【LOCKING MODE】: Pressing “POWER” button scan from far to flag, you will get distance with vibration and scan sign shows on the upper right corner
- 【SLOPE SWITCH FUNCTION】: Slope distance can help you get more helpful distance. Perfect slope switch design for GOLF TOURNAMENT can helps professionals turn off slope
- 【UNIQUE DESIGN】: 6X Magnification. Dimensions: 121x 72 x 43 mm. Weight 180g. Durable body. Non-slip rubber design. Waterproof and dust resistant. Come with carrying case, CR2 battery, portable rope, carabiner, Lens cleaning cloth and manual.
- 【READY TO BUY】: AOFAR factory direct selling. Provides two years VIP warranty and lifetime customer support
The AOFAR Golf Hunting Rangefinder is an accurate laser beam target measurement device that gives you improved results through-beam geometry, Pinhunter technology.
You will get accurate flag results separated from background objects. It uses Prism technology called Prism Lock that enables the ranging of a distant pin.
The device uses a new Advanced Enhanced Accuracy technology for further precision.
This rangefinder has 6x magnification. It is tournament legal and would give you accurate results from over 800 yards with plus/minus 0.5 yards.
The device gives you a perfect resolution against all background objects and colors.
A quick set menu of the device makes it simpler to operate. With its waterproof design, this rangefinder could be easily used during rain.
The device is powered by a CR-2 Lithium battery with a battery life of more than 5k Actuations. This device comes with a warranty of 2 years by AOFAR.
- 0.5 yards accuracy
- Flag lock up to 285 Yards
- Slope and Angle On/Off Indicator
- 6x magnification
- Lifetime warranty
The golf rangefinder outperforms most of the costly rangefinders in terms of accuracy and easy operation.
It quickly Locks onto the target with vibration to confirm the flag acquisition. It is easy to use and highly recommended. Its slope function works great and can be turned off for the tournament play.
Types of Golf Rangefinders
With technology growing at a rapid pace, there are several different brands and types of rangefinders available including brand names like Precession Pro, WooSports, Callaway, AoFar, and many others.
With so many options available, it has now become even more difficult to choose the best golf rangefinder under 100 for your needs.
Here we have classified different types of rangefinders so analyzing these categories would simplify this formidable task for you.
There are four types of rangefinders in the market today: Laser Rangefinder, GPS Rangefinder, Rangefinder Watch, and Hybrid Rangefinder (Includes Laser and GPS).
1. Laser Rangefinder
These devices make use of a low beam of laser for the measurement of distances to any object on the course.
The information given is based on the time taken by that beam to return to the device. These devices are somewhat similar to binoculars used in past times.
Now here are some advantages of using a laser rangefinder: They give you more accurate, precise results of distance measurement as compared to other devices.
Golfers have reported the laser devices to have lower rates of malfunctioning. You need not download any software or maps regardless of which course you are playing.
But they also have some disadvantages, such as it needs to have a clear line of sight to give accurate results.
Lock-in of the target may take a varied amount of time depending upon the model of your device and this may result in a slow-paced game.
2. GPS Rangefinder
GPS technology is based on Global Positioning Systems. The GPS in these devices determines the relative distance of the object from the device.
These range finding devices are based on a system similar to other GPS units however they are specifically designed for golf courses.
The advantage of using a GPS rangefinder is that these devices give you correct yardage readings to the back, front, and center of the green.
The biggest advantage is that the GPS devices do not need a line of sight as all the information is gathered from GPS satellites so even if you are at a hilly course, your rangefinder will still work. The faster pace of playing as you only need to look and go for a shot.
And here are its disadvantages: The readings may not be as accurate as a laser rangefinder but would be acceptable for an average golf player.
The GPS units have a good number of courses mapped but it doesn’t have all of them mapped. Also, a subscription fee is often required to download the map on your device. Set up and features are a little more complex and require some technical knowledge.
3. Rangefinder Watch
Technology is getting advanced day by day and now the rangefinders also are introduced as wearable devices.
The Rangefinder Watch is a wearable watch incorporated with GPS technology for finding distance measurements during play.
The display screen sizes however in these watches are limited in most cases but the Best golf GPS watch would give you good distance reading results.
Here the question arises what would you prefer a handheld device or a wearable watch? As far as the accuracy and features are concerned there should be no doubt.
But the only thing that matters here the most is your personal preference. Some of the GPS watch devices are slightly heavier than regular watches however as time passes and technology improves; this slight difference in weight would surely disappear.
Here are the main advantages of these devices: Easy to use and comfortable to carry during play. Most of these watches are durable and waterproof. They give an accurate reading of +/- one yard.
Some disadvantages are they include only basic information, do not give many details. Battery life lasts only for one or two rounds and you would need to recharge it then.
Before buying a check for the courses you are looking for as all the watches would not have the same number of courses.
4. Hybrid Rangefinder
These devices are the most advanced versions of rangefinders that utilize both laser and GPS technology in one device.
Hybrid combines both the technologies to give you more accurate results thus overcoming cons and combining the pros of each of these technologies. The Hybrids are laser rangefinders with GPS technology.
They provide some advantages, such as the accuracy of a laser device along with the convenience of the GPS unit combined. Performance is high that is simply unmatched.
But they also have the main disadvantage, the battery will give you around 14-16 hours of run time and would take around 6 hours to be completely charged.
8 simple tips on choosing the Best Golf Rangefinder
If you are looking for a Best Golf Rangefinder under $100 suitable for your needs, here we have listed some of the most important factors you may consider while comparing the varied ranges of golf rangefinders:
The magnification of a golf rangefinder helps you see the object closer than you can see with your eyes.
A device with 5x magnification would mean that you will be able to see the object 5 times closer than you see from your naked eye. Usually, devices with 5x or 6x magnifications are considered to be appropriate ones.
But this would give you a darker result. Rangefinder with fine magnification would surely be capable of ranging on a larger level and thus having a good magnification is necessary.
Accuracy & performance:
Golf rangefinder reviews reveal that different brands and types of devices use different technologies however when it comes to the accuracy of results there is not much difference.
Most of the fine rangefinders have an accuracy of plus/minus 1 yard up to a distance of 1500 yards.
Types of rangefinder
The main difference that you may find between laser and GPS rangefinder is that the laser one will give the distance to almost all the vertical objects while GPS one will only be able to range through preselected objects of the golf course.
The most challenging difference is that the GPS devices do not provide distance to the back, center, and front of a course. The laser finders regardless of the location of the hole are capable of giving you the exact distance to the flagstick.
However, the disadvantage with laser finders is that the object must be viewable without any obstacles for accurate readings. On the other hand, GPS would give you an estimated distance even if the object is not viewable.
The maximum range/distance that some of the excellent golf rangefinders could measure is usually a figure that is far more than what you will need while playing golf.
Most of the rangefinders have a maximum range of around 1000 yards. More than maximum range size, what matters is how easy it is to measure or target long distances or smaller objects.
Making sure that your rangefinder is charged is an important factor when planning to play a golf tournament. Laser devices in this regard are the most suitable ones as they have good battery life.
Their battery lasts for multiple rounds with most of the golf rangefinders. Some of the rangefinders have often complained about bad battery life with their devices.
Apart from this proper care must be taken to ensure good battery life. For instance, you must not leave the device in extremely hot conditions for example in the hot trunk of your car.
Size of the device
A device that has a compact structure small size is relatively easier to handle, operate, and carry while playing golf.
You must set a budget for yourself when planning to buy one of these golf rangefinders.
This factor is considered to be of importance as you will find a wide range of options available with different technologies and different price ranges.
You can choose which technology is suitable for you and then set a budget. You will surely get sufficient options to choose from for your budget.
Before deciding on purchasing any device, we recommend you go through golf rangefinder reviews of that product along with that of other similar products.
Consulting reviews will give you genuine information about the pros and cons of each product and would aid in making a positive purchase decision.
Best Golf Rangefinder under $100 2022:- Conclusion
To make the right decision for the Best Golf Rangefinder under $100, you must take into account all the critical factors.
We recommend you buy a device that suits your personal requirements and gives you the benefit of getting exactly accurate distances.
So make your way to some of the best shots of your life with the use of a precisely correct device that would give you correct yardages with smooth operation and easy handling.
Having a golf rangefinder will surely be beneficial for you if you are a serious golf player. So get your rangefinder now and transform the game!