Best Golf Clubs for Seniors
Golf…Such a wonderful sport…Not only are you privy to the great outdoors, but you get to hone your skills in terms of balance, precision and accurate swing.
It also affords a wonderful arena for sociability. It provides the opportunity to catch up with old friends, meet new ones and network as much as is desired.
It is not a fast and furious pace, but rather meanders according the pace of the players and allows for anything from casual playing to stiff completion!
But, though golfing has an appearance of tranquil speed and manner in its overall presentation, it does require a certain physical stamina.
It does place demands on the physical body in terms of precise body positioning, muscle movement and agility required.
And regardless of the specific situation – a controlled putter or a long drive – all these elements are needed.
With the aging process, there can be a decrease in basic movement which impacts the effectiveness in playing this wonderful sport.
And this can be a source of frustration for the senior golfer.
Therefore, in this article, we will focus on what is considered the more senior population – those 50 and above – and how this situation can be met and remedied through knowing which golf clubs work best for this demographic.
Here follows recommendations of best golf club sets for seniors:
Amazon Top Rated Golf Clubs In 2020
- Strata Ultimate is designed for ultimate distance and ultimate performance. This set includes: Driver, 3 wood, 4 and 5 Hybrid, 6 9 Iron, PW and SW, Putter, Stand Bag, 4 Head covers
- Woods: Full titanium golf driver gives you a large sweet spot and more forgiveness to bomb it off the tee. A very forgiving 3 wood built for long, high flying shots in a more aerodynamic head shape
- Hybrids: The 4 and 5 hybrids are great alternatives to long irons, so you can play with more confidence on a variety of shots
- Irons/Wedges: Irons have high flight technology that delivers distance, forgiveness, and control from stainless steel
- Putter: Precise face milling on the putter is designed for better accuracy and distance control to help you sink more putts
- DRIVER & FAIRWAY WOOD
- IRONS/WEDGES Perimeter weighting, progressive sole width technology for improved control
- HYBRIDS Designed for versatility and forgiveness on shots where you would usually hit a difficult long iron (Headcovers included)
- PUTTER Mallet with T-Style alignment to help give you incredible accuracy
- STAND BAG The lightweight, durable stand bag comes with five convenient pockets, an additional cooler pocket, a rain hood and a backpack strap system
- Super game improvement design focuses on generating more distance for beginner golfers
- Large 460cc Titanium matrix driver uses hot face and low center of gravity to launch the ball off the Tee
- Large sweet spot irons feature perimeter weighting for improved performance on off center hits
- Alignment putter with soft Paddle grip improves aim and distance for all golfers
- Lightweight ergonomic bag features self activating stand and numerous pockets
- Custom fit in a box System
- Super game improvement technology to enhance new golfer experience
- Deep cavity back irons for improved accuracy
- Aggressive design focuses on distance and control
- Engineered for faster swing speeds
- The Strata Plus Set is a full set with a great combination of distance and forgiveness right out of the box. Set includes: Driver, 3 Wood, 5 Hybrid, 6 - 9 Iron, PW & SW, Putter, Stand Bag, and 3 Head covers
- Woods: Driver has a 460cc club head with a larger sweet spot and graphite shaft for more distance off the tee. The 3 Wood promotes faster swing speeds and long shots
- Hybrid: 5 Hybrid is designed for versatility and forgiveness on shots where you would usually hit a difficult long iron
- Irons/Wedges: 6 - 9 irons, pitching wedge & sand wedge have perimeter weighting and progressive sole width technology for improved control
- Putter: Mallet putter with alignment to help give you incredible accuracy
AGXGOLF Senior Men’s Magnum Edition Complete Golf Club Set w/Stand Bag, 460cc Driver, 3 Wood, Hybrid, 5-9 Irons, Wedge: Right Hand Cadet, Regular or Tall Lengths::
The Magnum edition Set from AGXGolf is considered great for seniors because the collection of clubs is designed for maximum speed and distance.
In other words, it is designed to achieve greater distance with less effort. Also, it is considered a hybrid set because it contains the best of wood and iron.
Other features include drivers designed to reduce drag during a swing along with a large sweet spot and perimeter weighting.
Wilson Golf Men’s Ultra Complete Package Golf Set:
This set offers the benefit of increased grips, allowing for a comfortable hold on the club as one swings.
The shafts are very flexible and made from graphite. The clubs are made from light weighted material. High lofts help with distance and a deep cavity on the iron encourages increased accuracy.
Senior Men’s Majek Golf All Hybrid Complete Full Set:
Hybrids are a great alternative to those experiencing difficulties with standard irons.
These irons, which were carefully designed by the UCLA Engineering Department, provide more accuracy due to the positioned weight and cavity of the heads.
A more successful hit is supported by way of a larger sweet spot and a higher loft angle. A successful hit can be achieved even if the coordination, swing and power are less than perfect.
Tour Edge Bazooka 360 Senior Full Set:
This set contains a combination of driver, wood, hybrid and irons. The shaft is very flexible, perfect for senior players. The specific loft angle improves distance while the club face provides a more forgiving sweet spot.
The weighted pads distribute weight differently, taking it away from the face and distributing it more toward the back of the head. This encourages accuracy along with a soaring ball!
Extreme X5 Wide Sole iBRID Iron Set Senior Men’s Complete 8-Piece Iron Set (4-SW) Right Handed Senior Flex A Flex Club:
This set has a wonderful appearance and performance, and is notable due to being very lightweight.
Along with this feature, the stainless steel heads have a cavity and large face; and this allows for a ball to be hit successfully despite the contact being off center.
This array of clubs comes with headcovers and a handy bag that protects the entire set.
Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Golf Set (12 Piece)
The senior golfer can get the most out of their swing with this Idea set from Adams Manufacturing. The graphite shafts are strong and flexible, promoting more speed.
Additional features include Cut-Thru sole slot designs which improve speed and increases the launch angle.
The club head sweet spot has been increased and tested to provide a 43 percent increase in speed for off-center shots. A 23 percent increase in speed is experienced, even when hitting in the perfect spot!
Wilson Senior’s Profile XD Complete Golf Set with Bag
This set of clubs is designed specifically for any loss of power, speed and accuracy that an senior golfer might experience.
All the club heads have oversized faces which dramatically increases the sweet spot. And, the graphite shafts have senior flex which improves speed and distance.
Finally, it can be described that the faces are perfectly aligned and balanced to create a more successful and enjoyable playing experience.
Best Golf Clubs for Seniors Buyer’s Guide
The above choices provide beautiful ways to compensate for a lessening in agility, strength, power and coordination that an older golfer might experience.
Problems with joints, flexibility and muscle strength can be met with the intelligent design and features of these club sets specifically made for the older player.
Because people can age differently, meaning a diminished of certain aspects of their physical performance can be more pronounced than others, a golfer should study the changes in their playing style as they age.
An intelligent analysis of where they might need more support will help in determining which set of clubs will best address their situation.
Generally, though, a lighter shaft can help with swing performance. It is recommended to look for a shaft that weighs no more than 60 grams.
Also, the design of the shaft should be considered, and a flexible shaft can dramatically improve power.
It is also recommended that golfers look for a clubs that provide a high degree of loft. This launches the ball higher into the air for a greater distance.
Also, a larger sweet spot on the club head can compensate for not hitting the ball perfectly.
It is, indeed, wonderful that there is such choice and support available, in terms of club sets, for the older golfer.
It is evident that much care and thought has been put into the design of these various clubs to provide compensatory elements that will allow for continued enjoyment and a feeling of success as older golfers head for the green.
Along with club choice, strategies such as improving the short game and a solid warm up routine can help support the continued enjoyment of this game enjoyed the world over.
Golf can be approached intelligently as one ages so that the pure enjoyment of this intelligent, challenging and fun game can continue apace.
In the final analysis, one can only celebrate a sport that takes place in the beauty of nature and sunlight, and brings people together in a unique way.
In this spirit, this information is shared here to support all those golfers that plan on playing for many years to come!
Choosing The Best Golf Clubs For Your Personal Style
Each person has a different preference when it comes to their golf clubs. This is why there is so much heated debate over which company produces the best golf clubs.
It also explains why many pros refuse to play without their own set of clubs. This highly personal need can usually be simplified however by taking recommendations from the professionals and understanding what you really want in your own set of clubs.
While they seem plain, each part of a set is truly a work of art and technology. Each and every year these technologies change and evolve giving more room for choice and personal style to show through in this amazingly focused sport.
Each year there are different sets and individual clubs nominated for review, which means the recommendations seen in magazines and pro shops are truly the best of the best.
The first step is finding a brand that each individual enjoys and trusts. This can be done by going to a pro shop and holding these different clubs.
It is possible to enjoy an iron from one company and a driver from another. Ensuring that the grip is comfortable and that the club feels good in your hands is the first step in finding a true preference.
Once this has been established, the search for the best set can begin. Look online or in golf magazines to find the hottest recommendations for the year.
These will usually list both the piece and the brand name, making it easy to find each piece of the full set with very little hassle. If the pro shop nearby is rather large, you may actually be able to try each and every one of these clubs before buying them and playing.
Keeping in mind that trends often change, you may find yourself buying new pieces every year or so when a new innovation comes out under the brand that your trust. It is also completely okay to have several different sets from different companies.
While someone will usually settle on a set that they particularly like, having the others can afford an advantage when trying to overcome a handicap and truly progress in the game.
Many people prefer to buy whole sets at once rather than putting together their own set. This is completely acceptable and may result in a better outcome for first time golfers. Making sure that these sets work for each person should be done before purchasing.
Trying at least one or two clubs from the set before purchasing online is recommended to ensure that the weight, feel, and material are all to your liking.
Overall, finding the best golf clubs for your own personal style depends largely on the feel and functionality of each piece. Taking the time to get a set that feels right and instills confidence in the user will go a long way towards improving your love of the game and overall score, as well.
Taking time and checking with trusted sources can also be an important step to undertake.