GPS enabled devices have become quite popular in the market and are proving quite helpful in providing accurate distances. GPS aka Global Positioning System uses satellite signals to locate your position on the earth and was widely used by drivers initially to navigate on unknown roads. With its increased applicability in devices like smartphones, watches and other gadgets, many people are reaping its benefits in different ways. One of the popular sports Golf has realized its importance in making club selection accurately thus reducing time of the player in manually gauging the distances between shots. Golf GPS watches are widely used on the courses that have now greatly improved pace of the game and is seen as an alternate to even the best Golf Laser Rangefinder one may find in the market.
Check out 5 Great Benefits of GPS:
Provides accurate distances
– Golf is all about distance measurement and making a long or short shot accordingly. It can be a distance to the target, distance to hazard, distance to back .front and center of green and distance of the club. GPS watches have greatly reduced the manual time players invest in assessing distances as it can give the accurate distance between you and the hole of ground. It helps improving the quality of your game by assisting in making correct hits.
Helps to reduce handicap
– Though it is not mandatory you use a GPS device, beginners have showcased a smaller learning curve in overcoming their handicaps and tend to enjoy more on field with its help. You are spared from the stress of manual guessing and calculations on the field and concentrate more on the accuracy of shots. If you love to experiment and play on new courses and aspire to be a pro, it is a must have equipment for you. It will help improve your confidence in the game and helps you make precise shots with exact distances.
Extremely helpful for out-of-sight shots
– Your target may be out if sight or hidden behind trees or a slope or there may be water or a bunker as hazard , however with GPS watches you can make a safety shot on the greenway closest to the flagstick and avoid making blind shots.
Play faster yet with more efficiency
– Gone are the days when golfers have to walk around the course to measure yardages. With GPS watches it happens in few seconds and you are ready to make your shot. The availability of this technology in golf has increased its popularity and efficiency by providing accurate measurements.
Better understand your range with every golf club
– With every shot, you would like to know how far or short of the actual yardage you made a hit. If done manually, it may not give the exact measurement of your range as you may over or under estimate it and it will take you countless years to overcome this shortcoming. With GPS watch, you can exactly measure how far you have hit the club so that you make correct club selection next time close to the range your normally hit.
GPS watches are allowed in tournaments and you can now see every golfer having invested in this asset. Studies show that once a player is used to the benefits of a GPS watch, he is unlikely to play without it. This sport wearable makes you a better decision maker and with its ease of use and affordability, many players have become better golfers. There are many famous brands that offer GPS watches in varied price ranges and models depending on array of features. So go ahead choose the one that best suits your style and pocket and make a difference on the course.